The Student Room Group

Christian advertisers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I personally find them incredibly annoying. They mean well though and genuinely want to try and save people, so I try not to be rude to them. I usually just walk by without taking anything, or wave a cross/crucifix in their face :tongue:

:jebus:

Haha
I just say not interested or just plain blank them:biggrin:
No need for them to try and force it down people though 'the wrath of God and you will die if you dont repent' :redface: nice way to deter people who might have become christians away
Bible bashers i dislike them soo much as well ad jehovas whitness who spend their time at my door:colonhash:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Yes. In my town it's mainly been Church of Scotland, Mormons and Jehovahs Witness reps that approach you on the street.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never been approached by any. Quite easy to avoid. Chuggers are much more ambitious, but also easy to avoid. Perhaps take a minder.
Original post by Datalwo
Oh they do force it in your hand!

OK I will have to take your word for it, but never happened to me at all. I find it quite easy to avoid, just by ignoring or saying no thank you. You might learn that skill one day.
Reply 23
Original post by Datalwo

^ This exactly. I turn my head to them, they still try and force it into my hand. Infact - many a times they will walk right infront of me (since it's so narrow). And then you get the big death stare of "u wot m8 ur goin to hell u r" if you ignore them.
Original post by Datalwo
Today a guy was handing out leaflets in the city centre and I looked and it was about being "happy". It had a story about an athiest and said he told people that God didn't exist and then when asked if he was happy he wasn't then it said to find happiness you need to follow jesus or something??

What do you think about these people who do this?

At least their actions come from good intentions.

CHUGGERS are the worst, they try and guilt trip people and harass them. Would they do it for free? Would they b0llocks
This is how the Jehovas witnesses do it.

If they were actually doing an active leaflet drop, then they would run out of leaflets and there would be thousands littering the floor.

As you can see you are free to take one of you wish. If you dont want one then dont take one simplez..
I have never taken one nor felt the need to engage them.
Original post by AshEntropy
^ This exactly. I turn my head to them, they still try and force it into my hand. Infact - many a times they will walk right infront of me (since it's so narrow). And then you get the big death stare of "u wot m8 ur goin to hell u r" if you ignore them.

You must have veen very unlucky then. Never happened to me. They must think you are special.
Reply 27
Original post by 999tigger
You must have veen very unlucky then. Never happened to me. They must think you are special.

:noonoo:
Original post by Datalwo

First time I've heard of this happening :curious:
Reply 29
Original post by queen-bee
First time I've heard of this happening :curious:

Where do you live - what city?
Original post by Datalwo
Where do you live - what city?

London Town
Reply 31