The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dante991
SHL actually take the piss, what the hell are they doing

A similar thing happened to me last year and I just took screenshots of the error messages and e-mailed it to the recruitment team. They kindly reset my tests.:redface:
Guys do firms scan apps for plagiarism?
My reason for asking is that I last year and progressed well with a bank, so am assuming my app answers were strong. I want to reuse them (beefed up of course) but I've created another account because my email address got hacked so I don't want the firm to see XX% similarity with another candidate...

Posted from TSR Mobile
what do i do if my shl verbal test is just stuck on the loading screen - been like this for 10 mins.
How long is the UBS numerical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spyrogyra
How long is the UBS numerical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

25min for 18q
Original post by groovyd97
what do i do if my shl verbal test is just stuck on the loading screen - been like this for 10 mins.

have you disabled pop-up blocker?
Original post by dasu95
Guys do firms scan apps for plagiarism?
My reason for asking is that I last year and progressed well with a bank, so am assuming my app answers were strong. I want to reuse them (beefed up of course) but I've created another account because my email address got hacked so I don't want the firm to see XX% similarity with another candidate...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Contact HR and tell them you are applying with a different email address. They sometimes automatically reject multiple profiles. Depends on the bank though, some have new systems so your old profile will have been deleted anyway (BAML, Barclays, Citi etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
****ed that Citi test. Reckon I got 10/12... That okay you reckon?

Its quite easy, don't know what everyone is complaining about lol. I missed two of the Qs because I made a mistake on my calculator. Wish I didn't have such sweaty fingers :L.

I reckon people in here will find it easy to get 12/12 ngl.
Is UBS definitely just a numerical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexjones1994
****ed that Citi test. Reckon I got 10/12... That okay you reckon?

Its quite easy, don't know what everyone is complaining about lol. I missed two of the Qs because I made a mistake on my calculator. Wish I didn't have such sweaty fingers :L.

I reckon people in here will find it easy to get 12/12 ngl.

looooooooooooooool 10/12 on talentQ is nowhere near '****ed'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is UBS definitely just a numerical test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, 18 questions, 25 minutes - others are on the very first post
Does Citi reject straight after the numerical test if you failed it? If not, after how much time?
Original post by Princepieman
looooooooooooooool 10/12 on talentQ is nowhere near '****ed'

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was my first TalentQ ngl. But it seemed pretty easy to get 12/12. Tbh, thinking back on it I probably did half of it wrong as it was far too easy from what others have said.

We shall see. You started uni yet Prince? Looking forward to the fresher experience?
Original post by alexjones1994
That was my first TalentQ ngl. But it seemed pretty easy to get 12/12. Tbh, thinking back on it I probably did half of it wrong as it was far too easy from what others have said.

We shall see. You started uni yet Prince? Looking forward to the fresher experience?

Fair, they usually suck. I remember doing one for an RBS thing and getting 80th percentile with 7/12 lol.

Next week, looking to get completely totalled for 10 days straight.*
Reply 2554
Original post by Commercial Paper
Contact HR and tell them you are applying with a different email address. They sometimes automatically reject multiple profiles. Depends on the bank though, some have new systems so your old profile will have been deleted anyway (BAML, Barclays, Citi etc.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know which banks specifically reject automatically for that?
Original post by Princepieman
Fair, they usually suck. I remember doing one for an RBS thing and getting 80th percentile with 7/12 lol.

Next week, looking to get completely totalled for 10 days straight.*

Really? I can see why. Tbh ive always been good at mental arithmetic, so most things i can roughly calculate in my head. The only problem is the time limit per question and the number of different answers there are lol.

haha, I would expect nothing less! Just make sure you have the paracetamols ready with a permanent big bottle of water stationed by your bed xD.
Oh ffs, I completed the Morgan Stanley numerical but the verbal wouldn't open and the application centre is telling me to contact HR.
Original post by JessicaPearson
Oh ffs, I completed the Morgan Stanley numerical but the verbal wouldn't open and the application centre is telling me to contact HR.

Mine did that, just refresh the page and click the link again - that did it for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. Please share something about yourself that we cannot see from your CV (200 words)

From Nomura's application form, so is it ok to expand on something that is on my CV, where it is only listed in the interest section?

Do Nomura send test invites out automatically?
Mine did that, just refresh the page and click the link again - that did it for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Believe me, I've tried. It just says:

'As your online assessment was not submitted correctly, please contact [email protected] with your full name and the email address you used to register with the recruitment system. Please include the details of the problem that you encountered. We will aim to get back to you within 24 business hours.'

:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending