The Student Room Group

Universities that ask for AAA-ABB (what will the offer be?!)

Hi,

There are some universities like Manchester that ask for such wide grade boundaries. Does anyone know when they would ask for AAA and when they'd ask for ABB?

Thanks
ABB is likely the contextual offer, so if you don't fit this it'll likely be the higher offer
Reply 2
Original post by A-LJLB
ABB is likely the contextual offer, so if you don't fit this it'll likely be the higher offer

Sorry, can you explain what you mean by contextual offer? You mean, if my predicted grades are ABB, they'll offer ABB? And if my predicted are AAA, then they'll offer AAA?
Original post by notespad
Hi,

There are some universities like Manchester that ask for such wide grade boundaries. Does anyone know when they would ask for AAA and when they'd ask for ABB?

Thanks

Hi, I also saw Exeter do this for a course I want to do!

I think they will lower your offer if your personal statement and references are exceptional.

Whereas, if you didn't have very good PS/REF, then your offer will probably be a bit higher.

Good luck! =D
No, a contextual offer means that if you either have extenuating circumstances or you go to an under privileged school etc..
Sorry, can you explain what you mean by contextual offer? You mean, if my predicted grades are ABB, they'll offer ABB? And if my predicted are AAA, then they'll offer AAA?

No, contextual offer means that if you are someone who is from a low performing school, have a post code from a disadvantaged area and other factors, they will give you a contextual offer. Not your predictions.
Reply 6
Original post by samendrag
No, a contextual offer means that if you either have extenuating circumstances or you go to an under privileged school etc..

Original post by Ze Witcher
No, contextual offer means that if you are someone who is from a low performing school, have a post code from a disadvantaged area and other factors, they will give you a contextual offer. Not your predictions.

I'm from a disadvantaged area, but not from a low performing school (I got into a grammar school further away from where i live - i don't go to the nearby schools, which are bad, and am one of the very few to get into agrammar school from my area) - does this mean Manchester will probably offer AAA to me if i get an offer?
I'm from a disadvantaged area, but not from a low performing school (I got into a grammar school further away from where i live - i don't go to the nearby schools, which are bad, and am one of the very few to get into agrammar school from my area) - does this mean Manchester will probably offer AAA to me if i get an offer?

It is likely, yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending