The Student Room Group

A-level Biology entry requirment

Greetings!

I just finished my IGCSEs subjects and passed them with an A-C grade, however only in Biology I have a D grade.
Now I will be doing A-levels next, so will there be a problem if I pick Biology for the A-levels? NOT in terms of my capabilities, I mean in terms of if I am ALLOWED to pick Biology for my A-levels in the first place since I only got a D in Biology in the IGCSE.

I would appreciate any kind of response, thank you!
I don't know anything about the school you're going to go to/going to but at my school the entry requirements for Biology are an A or above in Biology and a B or above in Maths. Hope this helps and good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by grace_wh
I don't know anything about the school you're going to go to/going to but at my school the entry requirements for Biology are an A or above in Biology and a B or above in Maths. Hope this helps and good luck!

So it is school dependant?
Original post by SchakoK
So it is school dependant?

As far as I know, yes.
Reply 4
Original post by grace_wh
As far as I know, yes.

Ok thank you very much for your help!!
It's ok! Hope that I helped you :-)
It depends on the entry requirements of your college. For example, at my sixth form you needed a B in at least two separate sciences at GCSE (or B in both core and additional science), B in Maths and C in English, in order to do A Level Biology

Quick Reply

Latest