The Student Room Group

GCSE Business or GCSE Computing

Poll

Which one

First post, but on Monday my school enables subject changes for the week. (year 10) I'm deciding to drop French and want to take GCSE Business or GCSE Computing instead. How was your experience in both subject or which one would be better?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skrtskrtkid
First post, but on Monday my school enables subject changes for the week. (year 10) I'm deciding to drop French and want to take GCSE Business or GCSE Computing instead. How was your experience in both subject or which one would be better?

I took neither, but I would ask: which are you more interested in, and which would you feel more comfortable in doing well in?
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
I took neither, but I would ask: which are you more interested in, and which would you feel more comfortable in doing well in?

Im interested in both just to get away from French tbh, but I'm into computers with me building one last year at the age 13 and knowing how to use it better than most but with business I feel like it is interesting cause I get to know how it works etc. The thing is computing and the students in it are quite chilled and its a good environment however I heard business is chav central so..
Im interested in both just to get away from French tbh, but I'm into computers with me building one last year at the age 13 and knowing how to use it better than most but with business I feel like it is interesting cause I get to know how it works etc. The thing is computing and the students in it are quite chilled and its a good environment however I heard business is chav central so..

Well, it's up to you, but from what you say, it sounds like Computing is the better choice.
Reply 4
Which ever one you feel you would get a better grade in i suppose
Reply 5
Original post by Missypkm
Which ever one you feel you would get a better grade in i suppose

I wouldn't know hence why I'm asking how was the experience with the GCSE and how you found it. Easy hard etc.

Computing, sixth forms and universities would rather you had that.
Reply 7

Im taking Business Studies
Reply 8
Original post by mayu123
Im taking Business Studies

experience so far?
Computing is easy if you're logical, like problem-solving, maths etc.

Have no experience with Business though.
experience so far?

I find it easy wht are you doing it
Original post by mayu123
I find it easy wht are you doing it

English
Maths
RE
French (plan to drop)
History
Media
Triple Science
I think they're both good subjects to choose, we couldn't do computing at my school but it looks like you have a passion for it and if it was me I would choose what I'm interested in.
English
Maths
RE
French (plan to drop)
History
Media
Triple Science

aww come on ma thread to chat to meh xD
The thing is computing and the students in it are quite chilled

computing isn't a chill subject at all, maybe during the start but as deadlines get closer you'll be spending a lot of your time in the computer room doing your code and writeup. the program usually takes ages but counts for hardly anything, it's all based on how you explain it through the writeup. if you enjoy it though, take it, just be prepared to put the effort in for a good grade :smile:
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
computing isn't a chill subject at all, maybe during the start but as deadlines get closer you'll be spending a lot of your time in the computer room doing your code and writeup. the program usually takes ages but counts for hardly anything, it's all based on how you explain it through the writeup. if you enjoy it though, take it, just be prepared to put the effort in for a good grade :smile:

Nonononononono, i didnt mean the subject is chilled, meaning that the people in that class are more beneficial and better than people doing business. And what happens during write ups
100% choose business, trust me!!!
Original post by jackymang12345
100% choose business, trust me!!!

reason?
I did Business Studies and now I'm doing Employability and Enterprise at college
Screw computing. I was not told that I did so badly in a CA, so it dragged my result down, very much contrasting with everything else.

Quick Reply

Latest