The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
****s sake was going to say Xhaka is nothing but a Swiss Tom Cleverly, but now people are going to say he is a worldy:colonhash:

Are you even a football fan ? All you do is chat rubbish.
My boy Granit. Tottenham will win the league before Coquelin does that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
We just won 4-1 and people are still going to find a reason to moan. Thats Arsenal fans for you, clubs a joke apart from Wenger and the players.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
We're not winning this.

You must be pissed. With that goal xhaka is guaranteed not to start till November.

We waltz it in wengaball
Original post by atom y humber
You must be pissed. With that goal xhaka is guaranteed not to start till November.

We waltz it in wengaball

He'll start on Tuesday tbf. Lucas hattrick incoming.

Not if Lord Bendtner can help it! If he's assisted by Lansbury our EFL Cup exit will taste very much sweeter :colone:
The League Cup just causes fixture congestion and injuries, always best to go out in the first fixture and focus on the 3 actual competitions (PL, FA, CL).

Unless you're someone like Wigan or Liverpool.
@SA-1 is so gassed right now.
Cech is finished, need a new keeper next summer
Good win, love how many penalties we are getting these days:biggrin:
Reply 530
Original post by Rk2k14
@SA-1 is so gassed right now.

Slyly.. though, we should have scored like 7 that game.

Also don't understand what Xhaka needs to do to start ffs
Wenger is trying to develop Coquelin into a player that is more a driving midfielder/ball carrier, knowing that he has not got the world class passing range but he's got good mobility around the pitch. Makes sense as we now have Mustafi that can cover the space behind and Coquelin can defend from the front in quickly breaking up counters and attacks. You can't play him this way with Per in the team though lol.

Also I don't believe a defensive three against big teams and devoting masses of players forward is going to help protect against the counter. Ideally, you need two mobile central midfielders with one of them sitting and one advancing. Cazorla cannot play in such big games as he is not mobile. He is the one player you would cut out. Other than that the rest of our CM are adequately mobile. Will be interesting to see how Coquelin progresses, Wenger highly rates him.

Also, I am of the belief that Coquelin + Elneny is the worst possible CM combination you can make. Just zero dictation of the game.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think we'll field:

Ospina
Bellerin Gabriel Holding Gibbs
Elneny Xhaka
Ox Ozil Sanchez
Perez

(Both debuchy and jenkinson are still listed as injured, along with giroud and Ramsey)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by leinad2012
Good win, love how many penalties we are getting these days:biggrin:

Still gotta score them pal :wink:

Xhaka's goal was dirty - he went full Henderson.
Travelling down for the Chelsea game next week. Can't miss this one, we need to give them hell. Be on Costa's back and call him elephant man, get him sent off.
Reply 535
Original post by James.Carnell
Travelling down for the Chelsea game next week. Can't miss this one, we need to give them hell. Be on Costa's back and call him elephant man, get him sent off.

Gonna be tough. Can see us drawing personally.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Gonna be tough. Can see us drawing personally.

Bet on Costa as an anytime goalscorer is a good bet. We need to nullify the threat.
gut feeling for the season after 5 games:*

City will run away with it.
Chasing group of: United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Chelsea - will all stay close for most of the season
Towards the end arsenal will clear the others into 2nd, but never be close to catching city..
At least 1-2 of the chasing group will fall away before the end, my money is on spurs + everton.

Reckon:

City --- Arsenal ---- Chelsea - United - Liverpool ----- Everton - Spurs ---- Rest.

Think that even though liverpool will show more quality, united will get their **** together and just grind out results through the later parts of the season, where liverpool will drop silly points.

Nah it's pretty much known that if we're above our contenders during the autumn, we always conspire to flunk it massively By spring
Reply 539
Now Gnabry has left Arsenal he is scoring crazy goals Wenger is lost that's why he buys players like Sanogo and Takuma Asano

Quick Reply

Latest