The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a209150
Hi guys i have very poor internet access and im findinf it difficult to search each uni and their requirements.
I have 5A*s 4As in GCSEs
A*A*A in A-levels
620 Avg band 2 ukcat

Im a re-applicant as i got rejected preinterview last year.
Please can someone advice me on where i should apply. Any help would be appreciated

Don't just go for the BMAT like the other guy said. Try looking at entry requirements and selection procedure. See how they weigh applicants. Your UKCAT is decent but great enough to be used to boost ur application. Your GCSEs and A-levels are quite very good so look at universities who take preference and account of people with good A-levels and GCSEs. I would also apply to some bmat if u want to, UCL might be a good option.
Anyone else find the AR questions in the official ukcat mock B and C much harder than the medify and kaplan (online) ones ,exams tomorrow...
Ive got a medify acc Im willing to give away, valid until 5th Oct, so quite some time, Ive completed the mocks on it so you cant do them but it has an extensive bank of questions that you can cycle through, only if you genuinely need it, hover over my name and send me a private message.
(edited 7 years ago)
UKCAT is tomorrow! Any last minute tips?
Original post by smoggie98
Anyone else find the AR questions in the official ukcat mock B and C much harder than the medify and kaplan (online) ones ,exams tomorrow...

I couldn't do mock B AR lmao it made me want to cry I think I got 550 as I guessed pretty much all of them, I'm putting loads of practice in rn to try and improve. I used medify too and I find AR on that quite mixed like sometimes easy and sometimes impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123
UKCAT is tomorrow! Any last minute tips?

Wake up early and before going to the test centre only revise AR, you'll find your'e not on point as you were in the upcoming days, it'll take a few sets for you to get back into the swing, this was invaluable for me!!! If i went and did AR without this I would of got lower than 820
Thank You for you reply... But can you suggest some unis that i should apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sniperdon227
Wake up early and before going to the test centre only revise AR, you'll find your'e not on point as you were in the upcoming days, it'll take a few sets for you to get back into the swing, this was invaluable for me!!! If i went and did AR without this I would of got lower than 820

Well done on the AR I can't do it lol. I'm predicting myself (optimistically)
VR - 630
QR-720
AR-580
SJ- 2

Let's see how it turns out lmao. I want to be a doctor so bad but a part of me has just given up on ukcat - I've never been so opposite of motivated before. Thanks though. :smile:
Original post by a209150
Thank You for you reply... But can you suggest some unis that i should apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not entirely sure, take a gander at the ukcat cut off scores and application process from last year.
Anyone do the ukcat mock C? I got 600 on AR. Found it pretty harder than the Medify mock 2 and 1( somehow managed to get 700 each on AR). Also made a few silly mistakes on mock C but even then that would have only got me 650 max which isnt enough as i struggle with VR. Mock 2 QR was slightly easier in terms of difficulty but quite lengthy hence i guessed quite a few (650).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ASTK98
Don't memorise EVERY pattern ffs, only the ones that frequently come up or are likely to come up in the exam. Some of the Medify patters are complete nonsense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol some of the mEdify ones are RUBBISH!
Original post by Nuba123
Well done on the AR I can't do it lol. I'm predicting myself (optimistically)
VR - 630
QR-720
AR-580
SJ- 2

Let's see how it turns out lmao. I want to be a doctor so bad but a part of me has just given up on ukcat - I've never been so opposite of motivated before. Thanks though. :smile:

Mate I was struggling to break 600's dont worry you'll shock yourself when you come out of the exam, but what you should do is work on your flaws ie AR
Original post by a209150

Posted from TSR Mobile

Barts, UEA, Liverpool, Keele

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sniperdon227
Mate I was struggling to break 600's dont worry you'll shock yourself when you come out of the exam, but what you should do is work on your flaws ie AR

Awwn thanks! Yeah I guess I'm going to be cramming AR all night. lmao Joke Ill probably stop practising at about 9pm. I did my work experiecne a GP last week and I went in pretty relaxed about my future and options but now because I've got the experience I'm taking it way more seriously. Kinda gutted I didn't realise this till last week otherwise I would've spent more time on the ukcat. I know for definite that I want to be a doctor now . :smile:
How did everyone do on the medify mini mock for VR? Is representative of the actual exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a graduate in a non related degree I've kind of got over my tendency to 'freak' as such, but my exam is tomorrow morning and I haven't got over 600 overall in any of my mocks. Can anybody give some last minute tips or words of wisdom?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474214956.567248.jpg
Finally came across it 😜 no wonder I got it wrong lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Archie2004
As a graduate in a non related degree I've kind of got over my tendency to 'freak' as such, but my exam is tomorrow morning and I haven't got over 600 overall in any of my mocks. Can anybody give some last minute tips or words of wisdom?

My test is tmrw too xD Good luck dude

Just saying get a good nights rest and dont worry at all. Be as calm as possible before starting :smile: not much we can do anymore. I'm applying for undergrad and have to retake my ib boards cause i couldnt meet my conditional offer due to a medical condition last time. Had 690-713 avg in medify but still scared. Just did 2 mocks but i practised a lot. Did every question in Medify for every section except VR. xD

Goodluck again
Guys should i revise on the day of the exam? If yes what should i revise? My exam is at 9 AM.
Original post by MCMXCVIII
How did everyone do on the medify mini mock for VR? Is representative of the actual exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I got 670, which has been the best VR score I've got other than another mock where I also got 670. How did you do? Not taken the actual exam yet though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending