The Student Room Group

Any bugs / glitches when using TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UWS
I would also like to add that the Android app keeps crashing when viewing threads with multiple pages. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix it either.

Also, any anonymous/rep features in the pipeline for the app version of the site?

Original post by ChrisN
The new app will start as a discussion app so won't be fully covering the site for now.

@Captain Jack will it contain anon/rep to start with?

They are both features we've have specified for the app but at this point I am not sure if they will be in the very first Beta version going out in Oct. I 'think' they are but will be able to confirm in the next week. If not, they will follow shortly after the testing phase before the full launch, definitiely. We can't launch the app without em :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by Captain Jack
Beta version going out in Oct

Sign me up! :smile:

Tagging beta-king @iEthan :smile:
Original post by jneill
Sign me up! :smile:

Tagging beta-king @iEthan :smile:

*waits for joke about being beta* :wink:

But yeah, ditto. :wink: TestFlight is my middle name. </terribleAppleJoke>
Original post by ChrisN
The new app will start as a discussion app so won't be fully covering the site for now.

@Captain Jack will it contain anon/rep to start with?

Discussion app? Will this make it worse or better? :holmes:

Somethings I would like to see in the updated app:

1) Able to rep
2) Go anonymous
3) Able to tag someone
4) Able to get notifs
5) Improve the layout, it kinda sucks atm
6) Have the emoji icons/gif show up and not have it show as a code. For example, :jive : (minus the space) it's quite annoying.

Posted from OtherWorld
Original post by ChrisN
Ok. I get what you are saying but I think that is actually what is expected. Hitting multi quote drops the quotes into the quick editor at the bottom of the page. Clicking reply takes you to the main reply page with just the quote from that post. 2 unrelated routes, rather than 'do 1 then the next'

Are they appearing correctly in the reply box at the bottom of the page?

I suppose it isn't that clear now I think about it. Has that confuzzled anyone else?

Original post by IKEAPanda37
Oh, yes they are appearing at the bottom reply box:smile: I feel really stupid now:redface: Thank you for your help:thumbsup:

Don't feel stupid, TSR does some weird things that don't make sense! :smile: Not your fault. We are on a mission to fix lots of it though.

There is a new project coming out in the next week or two that will add a new box that will store all of the multi quotes across pages, which should help fix exactly this problem for you.
Original post by mr T 999
Discussion app? Will this make it worse or better? :holmes:

Somethings I would like to see in the updated app:

1) Able to rep
2) Go anonymous
3) Able to tag someone
4) Able to get notifs
5) Improve the layout, it kinda sucks atm
6) Have the emoji icons/gif show up and not have it show as a code. For example, :jive : (minus the space) it's quite annoying.

Posted from OtherWorld

Big massive TICKS to all of those!

Well, number 5 will be for you to decide, but we think we have a nice design and the members in the process of choosing the design liked it too :smile:

For emojis, we're going to be using the standard built in Apple and Android ones to keep it really simple.
Big massive TICKS to all of those!

Well, number 5 will be for you to decide, but we think we have a nice design and the members in the process of choosing the design liked it too :smile:

For emojis, we're going to be using the standard built in Apple and Android ones to keep it really simple.

Sounds good. Can I be a beta tester for iOS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
The clearing pop up just popped up exactly 30 days after results day...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChrisN
I want to hear about anything that even mildly frustrates you with your use of TSR...from a tech perspective...

Anything not work how it used to? Anything tricky/irritating to use that means you post less/stay on the site less than you might?

Let's make this baby gleam :smile:

actually yeah
i'm on my laptop right and sometimes stuff moves
idk if i'm being coherent enough, but the text box that i was writing in has moved sideways once or twice.. and this also happened to a word while is was typing - i couldn't see it for a few seconds.. until i got on the next row
Reply 89
Original post by Deyesy

Yeah... I think it's a bit late for that now.
Reply 90
Original post by alow

Given a lot of people have started to move to uni, it most definitely is :lol:
Original post by Deyesy

Original post by alow

Sorry about that, it shouldn't be showing now. We have this one on the list to fix :smile:

Original post by Rhaenys10
actually yeah
i'm on my laptop right and sometimes stuff moves
idk if i'm being coherent enough, but the text box that i was writing in has moved sideways once or twice.. and this also happened to a word while is was typing - i couldn't see it for a few seconds.. until i got on the next row

Hmm, interesting. I don't suppose you can try and get a screen grab of it next time it happens? Which browser do you use?
Sorry about that, it shouldn't be showing now. We have this one on the list to fix :smile:

Hmm, interesting. I don't suppose you can try and get a screen grab of it next time it happens? Which browser do you use?

chrome
i will if it happens again:biggrin:
Reply 93
Original post by Deyesy

Thanks for bringing this up - odd, but I think I have a solution in place now. Please could you do me a favor and shout if you see it again? Thank you :smile:
Thought of another one...
If you rep anonymous people, you can't then rep a different anonymous person (but still with the same name iyswim) soon after as it's as if they are the same person in the database of who you've repped.
@ChrisN it won't met me delete any old pm's. Could this be sorted please?
Reply 96
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
@ChrisN it won't met me delete any old pm's. Could this be sorted please?

I can tell the devs about this :yep:
Original post by Airmed
I can tell the devs about this :yep:

Thank you. :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Thank you. :smile:

No bother :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
No bother :hugs:

:hugs:

Quick Reply