The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeltaGuy
Yep same here! Provisional offer! V happy guy. 7 7 7

Well done - that's a great score!
Has anyone been contacted by manpower yet?
Original post by memoryfish
Has anyone been contacted by manpower yet?

Is manpower doing the recruiting? I applied for the recent internal and wss surprised to see they think they can give sift results in 2 weeks
Original post by Filedundermisc
Is manpower doing the recruiting? I applied for the recent internal and wss surprised to see they think they can give sift results in 2 weeks

Manpower is doing the pre employment checks. I am hopeful that they will be efficient. They have given a timescale of 20 working days to complete. I haven't been approached by them yet, only sent off references etc after clicking next stage.
Original post by DeltaGuy
Manpower is doing the pre employment checks. I am hopeful that they will be efficient. They have given a timescale of 20 working days to complete. I haven't been approached by them yet, only sent off references etc after clicking next stage.

Are they doing the pre-employment checks of those from the December 2015 campaign?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamz115
Are they doing the pre-employment checks of those from the December 2015 campaign?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unlikely tbh.... Manpower should be good. Btw the next stage references aren't looked at because they've outsourced the checks, the only reason you have to click next stage and compete them is because you external.
Can anyone else hazard a guess at all as to whether it's likely that manpower will be conducting the TSP programme application this year, my guess is they won't. I just can't see them outsourcing the official TSP/4 year programme to a company like Manpower.
Just quick question to those who applied for June 2016 Vacancy.

I believe there were four competencies tested at the interview stage.

Did you get asked for seprate scenario based questions ?
Original post by Be Lucky
Just quick question to those who applied for June 2016 Vacancy.

I believe there were four competencies tested at the interview stage.

Did you get asked for seprate scenario based questions ?

The internal one had four competencies I think...

The external one which was 1320 only had 3, one of which was tested through the responses for the other two, so only two questions were asked.
The internal one had four competencies I think...

The external one which was 1320 only had 3, one of which was tested through the responses for the other two, so only two questions were asked.

Thanks, i am internal for the current 042R preparing for the interview in case i get through on the sift.

Just wondering, if i should expect four separate scenario questions or three while the last competency gets judged on the response to other 3.
Thanks, i am internal for the current 042R preparing for the interview in case i get through on the sift.

Just wondering, if i should expect four separate scenario questions or three while the last competency gets judged on the response to other 3.

I think you should expect four separate questions, I don't think they will have a scenario though...e.g tell me about a time when you have worked in a team to manage a quality piece of work (managing a quality service), something similar to that for each one I think.
I think you should expect four separate questions, I don't think they will have a scenario though...e.g tell me about a time when you have worked in a team to manage a quality piece of work (managing a quality service), something similar to that for each one I think.

Cheers, just being ready as Hmrc is moving Fast compared to the last exercises.
I applied on the closing day 13th September and sift results should be out by 23rd September.Interview apparently staring 30th September for 2 weeks.
With highest scoring applicants in the interview to be in post by November 2016.
I applied on the closing day 13th September and sift results should be out by 23rd September.Interview apparently staring 30th September for 2 weeks.
With highest scoring applicants in the interview to be in post by November 2016.

I'm equally excited. If they post results on schedule and i dont make it to interview, I'll have time to edit my competencies and apply for the external one.

Lol they won't stick to it ...

Am I missing something here? When I checked on manpower for HO positions they said they weren't opening till the 19th. Is this for a previous internal campaign?
I'm equally excited. If they post results on schedule and i dont make it to interview, I'll have time to edit my competencies and apply for the external one.

Kk,that's a good plan.
Just hoping the one competency is marked on the sift.
"If a large volume of applications are received an initial sift will take place on the lead competence, Making Effective Decisions. Dependent upon the volume of applications we will then consider a further competency or competencies."
Original post by gingerwizard
Am I missing something here? When I checked on manpower for HO positions they said they weren't opening till the 19th. Is this for a previous internal campaign?

It is kinda confusing the are two exercises running .I think with same reference numbers (042 R),one internal stage 3 civil service wide that closed on the 13 September and another external due to open on 19th.
Kk,that's a good plan.
Just hoping the one competency is marked on the sift.
"If a large volume of applications are received an initial sift will take place on the lead competence, Making Effective Decisions. Dependent upon the volume of applications we will then consider a further competency or competencies."

I'd be so happy if i got it, there isnt much opportunity for progression in my current department.
I'd be so happy if i got it, there isnt much opportunity for progression in my current department.

I'am sure will both be lucky.I find it promising manpower atre dealing with external exercise not sure if their in charge of the internal aswell.
I applied for job(borderforce exercise from Jan 2015) they managed for the home office and i found the marking and feedback really good and , quick turnaround aswell
I'am sure will both be lucky.I find it promising manpower atre dealing with external exercise not sure if their in charge of the internal aswell.
I applied for job(borderforce exercise from Jan 2015) they managed for the home office and i found the marking and feedback really good and , quick turnaround aswell

Ill be refreshing CSJ like mad on Friday lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending