The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Islam isn't a race sweetie.

Where the hell did I say anyone who wears the burka or niqab is a fundamentalist?I said both of them posed as security risks and I showed it to you through suicide bombers wearing niqabs and murderers wearing burkas to avoid detection.

Wait so according to you, what ISIS perceive (so the murder of gays, apostates and the non believer tax) is perfectly OK? You're a disgusting excuse for a human.

and I've already countered your argument. It is the fault of security agencies for these extremists, you cannot ban a whole group of women from wearing a certain clothes just because a (few) wore it whilst disobeying the law or committing attacks. Again, I am not saying it is okay, I am saying if you ban freedom of speech for extremists, they will just go underground where we will not know who they are. Are you also willing to ban far right groups and individuals who call for murder etc of muslims, gays, immigrants etc?
Reply 281
His restaurant he can have whatever policy he so desires.
Reply 282
Original post by SMEGGGY
Brainwashed by the western media, what a surprise

:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Western media overwhelmingly oppose bans on Muslim clothing. Try something else.
Original post by Anonymous9753
and I've already countered your argument. It is the fault of security agencies for these extremists, you cannot ban a whole group of women from wearing a certain clothes just because a (few) wore it whilst disobeying the law or committing attacks. Again, I am not saying it is okay, I am saying if you ban freedom of speech for extremists, they will just go underground where we will not know who they are. Are you also willing to ban far right groups and individuals who call for murder etc of muslims, gays, immigrants etc?

Give me examples of these groups please. And I'm sure they have minuscule support in comparison to Daesh and Boko Haram.
Reply 284
Are you also willing to ban far right groups and individuals who call for murder etc of muslims, gays, immigrants etc?

These groups are already banned in the west.

There is no difference whether you choose to ban or force clothing. It is simply the same. Dictating what a women can or cannot wear.

No, it is not the same.

"You can wear everything except this" "You can only wear this".
If they weren't a security threat even Muslim countries wouldn't have banned them.

Interesting. But the female members of ISIS used to wear the burka and girls in Raqqa who wore the burqa wrong were whipped or killed on the spot.

take one look at Egypt and anyone with a sane mind would know its not under Islamic rule, ie: sisi.

are you trying to say everywomen who wears the burka or niqab is a isis member or extremist?
Original post by SMEGGGY
These imbeciles can't see the hypocrisy. It's insanely frustrating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This imbecile can't see its a woman's right to choose. This is not Saudi Arabia where women MUST wear the burka and niqab. Women have free will here.
Original post by Josb
These groups are already banned in the west.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/05/22/world/europe/europe-right-wing-austria-hungary.html?_r=0
really? Again, there are numerous stories of far right saying despicable things.

No, it is not the same.

"You can wear everything except this" "You can only wear this".

no, its
you cannot wear that because its a symbol of 'oppression' 'extremism' etc
you cannot wear this because its is immodest, etc
Give me examples of these groups please. And I'm sure they have minuscule support in comparison to Daesh and Boko Haram.

Again the hypocrisy, so you are not willing to ban the hateful ideology of the far right? and the far right is spreading like wildfire across Europe, so it does not have miniscule support. The majority of muslim women who wear the niqab or burka are not extremist, only a tiny percentage follow the ideology of isis.
Original post by Napp
His restaurant he can have whatever policy he so desires.

really? so he can ban jewish people, Christian people, black people, brown people etc?
Reply 290
really? so he can ban jewish people, Christian people, black people, brown people etc?

If he so wants, yes.
Reply 291
This imbecile can't see its a woman's right to choose. This is not Saudi Arabia where women MUST wear the burka and niqab. Women have free will here.

Insults, I see...

I told you in lengths that the freedom to wear what you want is not absolute in the West, but you haven't answered these points.
Original post by Napp
If he so wants, yes.

your ridiculous
Again the hypocrisy, so you are not willing to ban the hateful ideology of the far right? and the far right is spreading like wildfire across Europe, so it does not have miniscule support. The majority of muslim women who wear the niqab or burka are not extremist, only a tiny percentage follow the ideology of isis.

I asked for examples and that they have small support in comparison to ISIS. Please explain how that's hypocritical.
Original post by Josb
Insults, I see...

I told you in lengths that the freedom to wear what you want is not absolute in the West, but you haven't answered these points.

nope, i am simply returning the word imbecile to the person who commented. A nun is allowed to wear her very similar outfit, a muslim women should be aswell. and what points do you speak of. I am pretty sure I have, and you don't seem to include my quotes which stops me from seeing what your referring to.
Reply 295
your ridiculous

You're*
Reply 296
nope, i am simply returning the word imbecile to the person who commented. A nun is allowed to wear her very similar outfit, a muslim women should be aswell. and what points do you speak of. I am pretty sure I have, and you don't seem to include my quotes which stops me from seeing what your referring to.

Most nuns wear plain clothes, you know. Moreover the religious outfit you mention still shows the face. It's different from the niqab.

I made a very detailed post above where I explained everything to you.
I asked for examples and that they have small support in comparison to ISIS. Please explain how that's hypocritical.

http://tellmamauk.org/category/far-right-groups/
it is hypocritical because you want to ban once certain hateful ideology but not another. The far right is growing and more people probably identify with the far right then Muslims do with is is
http://tellmamauk.org/category/far-right-groups/
it is hypocritical because you want to ban once certain hateful ideology but not another. The far right is growing and more people probably identify with the far right then Muslims do with is is

Where did I say about banning Islam? I never did. I said the niqab was a security risk.

Must suck when you have nothing to say and have to put words in others' mouths.
Original post by Josb
Most nuns wear plain clothes, you know. Moreover the religious outfit you mention still shows the face. It's different from the niqab.

I made a very detailed post above where I explained everything to you.

many nuns wear the outfit similar to a burka. the niqab is not a security threat because the majority of women who wear it are not extremists, there has not been one terrorist attack by a male wearing a burka. if a male passes security at the airport while wearing a burka it is obviously security fault, as this guy should've been under security threat.

Latest

Trending

Trending