The Student Room Group

What a levels to do with btec ict level 3 Or can you not do a levels and btec

A BTEC Level 3 is equivalent to 2 A Levels. A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 A Levels. You will not get any funding for another Level 3 course, as you have to be progressing academically.
Original post by markova21
A BTEC Level 3 is equivalent to 2 A Levels. A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 A Levels. You will not get any funding for another Level 3 course, as you have to be progressing academically.

I don't get what you mean so I can do a levels as btec
Original post by Westhamfan40
I don't get what you mean so I can do a levels as btec

Oh I see . Do you want to do a BTEC and A Levels as well at the same time? Well I think people do this yes, if your school or college provides both.
Reply 4
I am currently in this situation. I just started sixth form and after having decided that A levels weren't for me (Despite achieving exceptional gcse results) I am now taking a BTEC (Levels 3, national diploma) which is worth 2 A levels, alongside Sociology and RS (which I will drop at the end of this year). My question is, if I manage to also recieve excellent grades in these, will I still be able to get into uni? Thanks.
Original post by markova21
Oh I see . Do you want to do a BTEC and A Levels as well at the same time? Well I think people do this yes, if your school or college provides both.

So what a levels would make sense with btec ict

And also would it be worth doing computer science a level or would unis not count it as two different qualifications
So what a levels would make sense with btec ict

And also would it be worth doing computer science a level or would unis not count it as two different qualifications

Sorry i'm not sure tbh. Just make sure that any unis you are interesting in applying to accept BTEC, because not all of them do.

Do maths a level and the BTEC in IT/Computing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Do maths a level and the BTEC in IT/Computing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Defentley won't get maths as you needed a b in maths but I only got 7 grade cs so I'm hoping they might let me off with the subjects which you needed one b so that basically rules out maths and all sciences

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending