The Student Room Group

Non-binary at 10 year old

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mathemagicien
playing around with things associated with the other gender doesn't mean they identify as that gender.
Playing mummies and daddies did not make me think I was girl
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by iEthan
Non-issue. Leave the kid alone, they can decide how and in what way they'll live their life. Why does it matter?

Was brave enough to open up to the media and you call it a 'delusion', don't be so rude and dismissive. As long as they're happy, who cares? :yawn:

we don't let kids vote, drink, drive or serve at 10 for a good reason. Why shouldwe allow them to indulge what is likely to be a passing whim at that age?
Original post by Napp
we don't let kids vote, drink, drive or serve at 10 for a good reason. Why shouldwe allow them to indulge what is likely to be a passing whim at that age?

Why is it up to us to restrict the freedoms of children even more than they already are? And if, as you say, it is a "passing whim" then leave them to figure that out for themselves, don't force what is your opinion on others, especially not that of your child. Restricting freedom of expression in children will only stunt their emotional development. Leave them alone. Let them get on with it.
Reply 83
Original post by iEthan
Why is it up to us to restrict the freedoms of children even more than they already are? And if, as you say, it is a "passing whim" then leave them to figure that out for themselves, don't force what is your opinion on others, especially not that of your child. Restricting freedom of expression in children will only stunt their emotional development. Leave them alone. Let them get on with it.

And letting your kid run rough shod over the neighbourhood and indulging their every whim is almost universally viewed as horrific parenting.
Original post by Napp
And letting your kid run rough shod over the neighbourhood and indulging their every whim is almost universally viewed as horrific parenting.

In one ear, out the other. Thanks for trying anyway.
Reply 85
Original post by iEthan
In one ear, out the other. Thanks for trying anyway.

Ahhh funny.
Original post by iEthan

Do you honestly think the 10-year-old child had 100% of the say in this?

My sister, who I'm extremely close with, is 11 years old, and I've never heard her speak about not "feeling" like a girl or anything along those lines. Gender isn't something you hear from a young child's mouth, unless the parents have been indoctrinating them.
Original post by Dodgypirate

My sister, who I'm extremely close with, is 11 years old, and I've never heard her speak about not "feeling" like a girl or anything along those lines. Gender isn't something you hear from a young child's mouth, unless the parents have been indoctrinating them.

Given lack of information, I don't know. I am not interested in speculating.
Original post by iEthan

My sister, who I'm extremely close with, is 11 years old, and I've never heard her speak about not "feeling" like a girl or anything along those lines. Gender isn't something you hear from a young child's mouth unless the parents have been indoctrinating them, and, ironically, forcing their opinion on their child which you seem to be totally against.

My sister, who I'm extremely close with, is 11 years old, and I've never heard her speak about not "feeling" like a girl or anything along those lines. Gender isn't something you hear from a young child's mouth unless the parents have been indoctrinating them, and, ironically, forcing their opinion on their child which you seem to be totally against.

Don't know what happened here, seem to have been quoted twice. But opinion remains the same as above.
Original post by iEthan
Don't know what happened here, seem to have been quoted twice. But opinion remains the same as above.

"[...]don't force what is your opinion on others, especially not that of your child. "

You say the above, yet you're not concerned about whether this kid's parents have had any say in the decision?

So, you just want to let parents chat absolute horse **** about gender, sex and sexuality to their kids? Or you want to protect them?
He needs care for his psychosis.
Original post by iEthan
In one ear, out the other.

That expression generally means you don't have a brain. Glad we've cleared that up :lol:
Original post by iEthan

Was brave enough to open up to the media and you call it a 'delusion', don't be so rude and dismissive. As long as they're happy, who cares? :yawn:

Lots of people are happily deluded. The two aren't contradictory. Lots of people are also brave and delusional.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this child would be happier without any of this confusion. Whether she'd still be confused if her parents hadn't indulged this I don't know.
I fear they're confusing non-binary with personality..
He may not behave or feel like a stereotypical male, but that may just be his personality, nothing to do with non-binary shiz.
Original post by SnapesOnAPlane
I fear they're confusing non-binary with personality..
He may not behave or feel like a stereotypical male, but that may just be his personality, nothing to do with non-binary shiz.

Poor kid probably has no idea what "non-binary" means...

I'm so sure the parents have indoctrinated him with Tumblr rubbish and buzzwords.
Poor kid probably has no idea what "non-binary" means...

I'm so sure the parents have indoctrinated him with Tumblr rubbish and buzzwords.

Like kids who 'choose' to be vegan.

Yeah, most likely the kid's either being manipulated or egged on by her parents after showing some slightly tomboyish behavior.

This ridiculous gender fad is going to confuse an entire generation if people. It's been men and women, boys and girls forever, but then some predominantly white, middle class millennials just had to be special.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending