The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Often takes a season to see a manager have their effect on the team. Here we are before the 10 game mark saying Mourinho is past. Come on, let's give him half a season at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3321
You took a huge gamble on Mourinho after last year. You CHATTED ****. And you got banged.

Now hurry the **** up and work on undoing everything he has done so far, and replacing him with someone not retarded, and you might be alright in 2-3 years.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Often takes a season to see a manager have their effect on the team. Here we are before the 10 game mark saying Mourinho is past. Come on, let's give him half a season at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guardiola comparison would be inevitable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Bearded Man
Guardiola comparison would be inevitable

Posted from TSR Mobile

City weren't exactly bad last season in terms of how they did though while United have been playing like this for 3 years. Far less for the manager to change.

Thing is also that United need to be compared with Liverpool and Spurs' level rather than the same bracket as City now. Both Liverpool and United got CL once in last three seasons and have performed poorly in the league in much of this time. Consider Klopp and Poch taking some time to adapt with some disappointing league results especially.

Either way United aren't a big club performance wise at the moment and like said earlier are turning into more of a Liverpool style club - a nearly club. A lot is said about Liverpool fans living in the last but think it's time some other fans learn to adapt their thinking!

Anyway, it's going to be a good season. The top 7 should remain how it is, positionally changing still though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Koeman? Everton were shocking last season

Posted from TSR Mobile
City weren't exactly bad last season in terms of how they did though while United have been playing like this for 3 years. Far less for the manager to change.

Thing is also that United need to be compared with Liverpool and Spurs' level rather than the same bracket as City now. Both Liverpool and United got CL once in last three seasons and have performed poorly in the league in much of this time. Consider Klopp and Poch taking some time to adapt with some disappointing league results especially.

Either way United aren't a big club performance wise at the moment and like said earlier are turning into more of a Liverpool style club - a nearly club. A lot is said about Liverpool fans living in the last but think it's time some other fans learn to adapt their thinking!

Anyway, it's going to be a good season. The top 7 should remain how it is, positionally changing still though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Comparing ourselves to them when this club has spent half a billion over the last few years? Yeah, no. You can't spend that much and still fail. People have the right to be pissed off at what they're seeing. Especially when it looks like every manager we hire is consistently playing players that play like **** and in the wrong positions. The club should be competing for titles. I'm tired of people saying be patient when other top clubs wouldn't accept this every week.
Original post by sr90
Koeman? Everton were shocking last season

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hence 'often' really. I think in Everton's case, Martinez had lost parts of the team and they were underperforming which makes it easier for Koeman to come in after a summer and just start afresh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by NathanW18
Comparing ourselves to them when this club has spent half a billion over the last few years? Yeah, no. You can't spend that much and still fail. People have the right to be pissed off at what they're seeing. Especially when it looks like every manager we hire is consistently playing players that play like **** and in the wrong positions. The club should be competing for titles. I'm tired of people saying be patient when other top clubs wouldn't accept this every week.

Playing devils advocate though but Liverpool have been spending pretty big for years. I get what you're saying but now you're throwing money at things doesn't make you great again. Definite justified question marks about selection but you got a team you wanted to see on Thursday to a degree with no Rooney and it resulted in a loss anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Punani also works tbf

#getold pus
#wineonit
#interracialbbc(MARTIAL)vs innocent (white gyal)
(edited 7 years ago)
Laughable fans

Say Jose continues with this terrible form and we're 10th in December.

3 managers on.

Are we still going to blame the manager for what looks to be something much deeper?

Our fanbase is worse than Arsenal's.
Original post by NathanW18

1 week so far
Original post by zKlown
Laughable fans

3 managers on.

Are we still going to blame the manager for what looks to be something much deeper?

This, so ****ing much. If it gets to May and we're 7th, yeah, whatever. However, poor form doesn't necessarily indicate someone who is doing something fundamentally badly. This applies to Jose and Pogba.
Original post by zKlown
Laughable fans

3 managers on.

Yeah I'm not going to be asking for Mourinho to be sacked no matter what (Unless we get relegated which we wouldn't). Pretty tired of all that now.
Original post by Dirtybit
Yeah I'm not going to be asking for Mourinho to be sacked no matter what (Unless we get relegated which we wouldn't). Pretty tired of all that now.

Why does Mourinho get a free pass but not Moyes or LvG?
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Asking the real questions...

He doesn't but it's clear the problems (not even like there is a problem, it's 1 week in a very long season) lie elsewhere when 3 very different managers get it so spectacularly wrong.

Tired of the Internet, I really am.
Original post by zKlown
He doesn't but it's clear the problems (not even like there is a problem, it's 1 week in a very long season) lie elsewhere when 3 very different managers get it so spectacularly wrong.

Tired of the Internet, I really am.

I don't even think there is a problem but I don't get why people are already prepared to give Mourinho more time than our two previous managers. Must be cause he's a 'name', right?

Yeah I'm not going to be asking for Mourinho to be sacked no matter what

That above statement is ****ing ridiculous, especially as it came from DB who was always quick to jump on the backs of our two previous managers when they got it wrong.
(edited 7 years ago)
Danny Murphy doesnt think United have a probelm playing people out of position, that despite us going into the game with wingers who are both natural strikers, a striker playing as a no. 10, both CMs in clearly unsuitable roles, Smalling on his less favoured side at CB and a winger at RB (although that probably is Valencias best position these days).

Trevor Sinclair thinks Rooney should play as a number 4 (not the right number for waht he means, but hey ho), in a sort of deep playmaker role...

Why does anyone let these total ****ing morons on television...
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't even think there is a problem but I don't get why people are already prepared to give Mourinho more time than our two previous managers. Must be cause he's a 'name', right?

That above statement is ****ing ridiculous, especially as it came from DB who was always quick to jump on the backs of our two previous managers when they got it wrong.

Based on reputation, yes. Moyes has no experience of top class football and already irked fans by refusing to sub RVP and telling Nemanja to learn from Jagielka. Defeatist in interviews.

LVG got longer because of his reputation, he deserved time because he was implementing a new style of football which may have worked, but didn't.

Mourinho has a rep as one of the best managers in the world, tactically astute, good interviewee and charismatic. Hes won everything and has a big ego (which we love) instills a seige mentality (which we love) and is active on the touchline (which we love)

He also has a rep for not being afraid to drop big names, which is exactly what we need with Rooney.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3338
Original post by James.Carnell
Deeney looks top quality on days like this.

And LOL United, chatted so much **** at the start of the season.

Yeah love the nonsense.

Original post by atom y humber
i love Rooney

The live I have for him right now is unfathomable

Same. He's my favourite player.

Based on reputation, yes. Moyes has no experience of top class football and already irked fans by refusing to sub RVP and telling Nemanja to learn from Jagielka. Defeatist in interviews.

LVG got longer because of his reputation, he deserved time because he was implementing a new style of football which may have worked, but didn't.

Mourinho has a rep as one of the best managers in the world, tactically astute, good interviewee and charismatic. Hes won everything and has a big ego (which we love) instills a seige mentality (which we love) and is active on the touchline (which we love)

He also has a rep for not being afraid to drop big names, which is exactly what we need with Rooney.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. Mourinho is not tactically astute anymore he's tactically inflexible and completely incapable of implementing a consistently offensive style of play.

2. He's a terrible interviewee and plenty of players have been marginalised and refuse to play for Mourinho or even talk about him in the media because of the **** he says in interviews (Filipe Luis/Eto'o/Pepe/Ronaldo for starters)

3. He's not dropped a big name for ages, he didn't drop Ivanovic last season when he should have been dropped, he didn't ever drop Ronaldo in an important el clasico despite him often playing atrocious in plenty of them, he didn't drop Fabregas for any big games when it was clear he was the reason why we were constantly being outplayed and struggling defensively in big games for the second half of the 14/15 season.

This is Mourinho in a nutshell.
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Moyes tha GOAT had five world class signings lined up including Kroos and others

LvG got time cause he got 4th, which was the minimum target

Latest