The Student Room Group

Student finance payments and when does the money arrive?

Hey guys, so it says on my student finance that the payment is going to be made on the 19th which is tomorrow, which is also the date of my first uni day. But I recieved a text from SF saying that my money should be paid within 3 working days. This was on thursday. So I was curious how it works, is it automated, so for example is it possible we can be paid tonight midnight or will it not even be tomorrow? Does anyone have any experience with this?
Reply 1
You won't get the money automatically into your account. I'm sure you can wait fresher isn't until the 26th anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Ishax
You won't get the money automatically into your account. I'm sure you can wait fresher isn't until the 26th anyway.

Really isn't at all about freshers, it's just about commuting there. I live in North, while the UNI is in South and I am in the process of looking for a new place but in the meantime I am broke.
& My freshers starts this Tuesday.
Reply 3
Original post by dimitriousk
Really isn't at all about freshers, it's just about commuting there. I live in North, while the UNI is in South and I am in the process of looking for a new place but in the meantime I am broke.

Okay, the latest the money will come is on Wednesday but I'm not 100% sure so contact student finance tomorrow morning.
Well my son, who applied to Student Finance Northern Ireland got his entire year's worth of money through in one go two weeks ago. He only started college last week, so I guess everywhere's different.

I don't think you will get the first payment until after you formally start and enrol and the uni confirm your attendance to SFE. I presume you are first year? My first payment came about 3-4 days after my first day - unless things have changed since then
Reply 6
It is kinda automated. As long as your enrollment has been confirmed by uni early enough, they send your loan to processing 3 working days before your payment is due as it takes 3-5 days to process and show up in your bank account. This means you will most likely get it Monday or Tuesday
Reply 7
Original post by Devify
It is kinda automated. As long as your enrollment has been confirmed by uni early enough, they send your loan to processing 3 working days before your payment is due as it takes 3-5 days to process and show up in your bank account. This means you will most likely get it Monday or Tuesday

Hey, well I've gone for the open day on the 5th of this month and enrolled and I have my Card to use the facilities and I've completely registered. Does that play a role?
Hey, well I've gone for the open day on the 5th of this month and enrolled and I have my Card to use the facilities and I've completely registered. Does that play a role?

you really need to phone up student finance and ask if the university has sent your confirmation of registration, you should of done this well before now - because if student finance says no then at least you could contact the university and ask why - this forum cant help you with that
Reply 9
Just want to update you guys on the matter. The money has gone through, it seems as though it is automated as I just checked my account through the ATM. Thanks for all your support, I'm ordering a takeaway now! haha.
Reply 10
Original post by markova21
Well my son, who applied to Student Finance Northern Ireland got his entire year's worth of money through in one go two weeks ago. He only started college last week, so I guess everywhere's different.

Certainly the different regional bodies (SFE, SFW, SAAS, SFNI) can work very differently, as you've found.
Reply 11
Just want to update you guys on the matter. The money has gone through, it seems as though it is automated as I just checked my account through the ATM. Thanks for all your support, I'm ordering a takeaway now! haha.

Once you receive the money in your account, how much time do you have to pay university.I assume university is waiting for you to get that loan so you can pay them.
Original post by I3ran
Once you receive the money in your account, how much time do you have to pay university.I assume university is waiting for you to get that loan so you can pay them.

Your tuition fees are paid direct to the uni by SFE (or the loan authority that is funding you). You don't pay the uni out of your maintenance loan. You will use this to pay for your accommodation and living costs.

Latest

Trending

Trending