The Student Room Group

Is it worth doing NCS after your UCAS deadline?

I'm applying for dentistry and have my NCS in the Autumn half term (21st October)...

Is it worth mentioning and going into detail about the NCS program on my statement?
Reply 1
Isn't NCS for 15-17 year olds?
Depends on (1) how recent it was, and (2) how much you can talk about the skills you developed through it
Reply 3
Original post by sazriah
Isn't NCS for 15-17 year olds?

I'm 17 🌚

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by *Interrobang*
Depends on (1) how recent it was, and (2) how much you can talk about the skills you developed through it

Well I won't have done it before sending off my application so there's no point right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cshuayb
Well I won't have done it before sending off my application so there's no point right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. NCS would be a waste of time. Focus on your studies..
Original post by cshuayb

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sorry, I misread. You could briefly say that you've applied for it (or that you're going to do it), but it is unlikely to add much more to your application. Don't not do it just cos of that tho, as it is still useful experience for things other than UCAS
Reply 7
Original post by *Interrobang*
Oh sorry, I misread. You could briefly say that you've applied for it (or that you're going to do it), but it is unlikely to add much more to your application. Don't not do it just cos of that tho, as it is still useful experience for things other than UCAS

Oh right got it thank you! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending