The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellen111
is just taking a passport enough or do they need more id?

All the info is here: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/test-day

Best of luck :smile:
Original post by HarrisonGCSE
All the info is here: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/test-day

thank you so much! can you please give me some advice on VR and AR?? for vr i just can't digest the info quick enough and for ar find it hard to spot the patterns quickly too*:frown:
I should probably go practise some AR now... But I just want to stay on tsr... :frown: lol what's the best mnemonic for AR - that ACTUALLY helped you?
Original post by ellen111
thank you so much! can you please give me some advice on VR and AR?? for vr i just can't digest the info quick enough and for ar find it hard to spot the patterns quickly too*:frown:

Don't worry, everyone feels the same :smile: For VR:
Identify keywords and scan. For the harder type 2 questions (What is the author most likely to agree with? etc.) just flag and skip. Come back to them later! Whenever you can, practice speed reading - whether its on the way to school, at lunch times, in the morning or on the way home.
For AR, practice makes perfect. What i did was i wrote down every pattern i didn't find on an A3 sheet. Every morning and evening i would read off them out loud so they were embedded in my brain. By the time the exam came around, i just kinda saw the patterns. Do as many AR practice questions as you can, and you will eventually see every possible pattern!

Original post by Nuba123
I should probably go practise some AR now... But I just want to stay on tsr... :frown: lol what's the best mnemonic for AR - that ACTUALLY helped you?

NPSC and SCANS work equally well :smile:
Original post by HarrisonGCSE
NPSC and SCANS work equally well :smile:

Thanks. :smile:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474227045.282454.jpg This pattern finished me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is that 👀👀 why do they do this to us tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mm_7
I NEED QR HELP! I am soooo bad at mental maths and i need to speed up the rate at which i answer questions as the rate is letting me down :frown:
Should i just practice using the calc or would u recommend that i get into the habit of answering without a calc and do it mentally?
please help i have my exam on the 4th and QR is my weakest section

I used the calc, alt+C, for all my questions and got 830, what i did was write my working out so I didnt get stressed if i pressed the wrong button, I did not use mental maths at all
Original post by Nuba123
Thanks for the @! I know right I'm literally everywhere... Good luck for yours too! Honestly you're not going to need it you seem like the prepared and constantly motivated type - unlike myself. :biggrin:

I need it so bad! Been preparing 2 months and I struggle to break 550 in the official mocks. How rubbish is that!?!?!?!?!?!?!/1
Reply 5030
Original post by michaela__
Can anyone help me please? So for AR which is the most similar resource to use, and are the medify mocks easy/hard for AR. I'd just like to know before I do them that's all :smile: thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I could tell you my scores from Medify compared to the real thing if it'd help?
Original post by .......Jeff458
I need it so bad! Been preparing 2 months and I struggle to break 550 in the official mocks. How rubbish is that!?!?!?!?!?!?!/1

Honestly as long as you're preparing you're in a better position than me... Aren't you going to apply to Oxford? I'm not sure if it was you or not... But anyway just make dua that I get a reasonable score and I'll do the same for you.
Original post by BFCBP
I could tell you my scores from Medify compared to the real thing if it'd help?

Yes please I need to know if medify mock exams are harder and the scores that people got compared to the actual exam is lower, because I'm only averaging about 620 when I need about 700.
What is that 👀👀 why do they do this to us tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Starting to get sick and tired of it tbh, wanted to do the exam now and get it out of the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Starting to get sick and tired of it tbh, wanted to do the exam now and get it out of the way

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too but in the back of mind I know that if I don't put 100% into it now I'll only regret it. Just think if you get in this year no more UKCAT ever again! What time is yours on Thursday just so I can make sure to message you or whatever since ours is on the same day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too but in the back of mind I know that if I don't put 100% into it now I'll only regret it. Just think if you get in this year no more UKCAT ever again! What time is yours on Thursday just so I can make sure to message you or whatever since ours is on the same day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good point haha but I just feel like at this point we're not going to improve *much* more tbh. It's at 11:30am I believe, and yea let me know how you did!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123
Honestly as long as you're preparing you're in a better position than me... Aren't you going to apply to Oxford? I'm not sure if it was you or not... But anyway just make dua that I get a reasonable score and I'll do the same for you.

I'm sure you will be great.

Definitely! I will make Dua for you tonight :smile: Pls make for me too but I will make dua that you smash your target score!!! :smile: :smile:

I actually am thinking about Oxford but really don't know as I haven't touched my Advanced Higher stuff at all due to UKCAT. Oxford would mean less than a month to prepare for BMAT, and catching up, and projects :'(

All the best
Which heartless idiot came up with the UKCAT?! 😒

I got 580 average and Band 4 thanks to whoever came up with such a stupid exam!!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ASTK98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they're a right pain. If you see a load of the same shape in the same box, it might be a good idea to consider it is a pattern like this :smile: I think it may have come up on my exam, but i cant quite remember...
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Thanks for your advice. I was legit thinking of doing a mock the day before but I've decided now to just do practice questions, relax and have an early night!

that's definitely a good plan!! :smile:
hope all goes well~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending