The Student Room Group

What could this mean?

It's been quite a while since I was in a relationship. I'm just wondering. What would you lot think of when someone acts: Very distant. They slowly stop communicating with you and the phone calls come to an end. The next thing you know, your gut feeling is saying that they've lost interest. You then confront the person and yet they say they haven't. But their actions prove otherwise. Later on, that person wants a break, their friends say that she's losing interest and needs time for her self whereas she's saying she's experiencing issues with family. Things don't add up. When her friends said this, they said this they were with her. My gut feeling says she lost her family problems, I just felt strung along. What's your take on this?
To be honest I think she is trying to subtly send you a message that she is losing interest. I really am sorry, but that is what I think. Girls are sometimes put in difficult positions where they don't feel so strongly anymore about a guy but don't want to hurt the guy's feelings. She will start making excuses for why she can't meet instead of just facing the issue head-on. If she is telling you that she wants "a break" and is having to deal with vague "family issues" I think it is time to back off completely. Again, sorry. Back off and if she is interested she'll contact you. But I think she is trying to tell you she wants to move on without having to directly say so.
Stop reaching out to her stop contacting her. She wants the space and break so give it to her, don't waste any effort on her or give her any attention. If she likes you enough, when she realises you're no longer around she'll want to make a go of things again
She sounds like a liar. Liars are bad.
Reply 4
Original post by Hopefully1
To be honest I think she is trying to subtly send you a message that she is losing interest. I really am sorry, but that is what I think. Girls are sometimes put in difficult positions where they don't feel so strongly anymore about a guy but don't want to hurt the guy's feelings. She will start making excuses for why she can't meet instead of just facing the issue head-on. If she is telling you that she wants "a break" and is having to deal with vague "family issues" I think it is time to back off completely. Again, sorry. Back off and if she is interested she'll contact you. But I think she is trying to tell you she wants to move on without having to directly say so.

Original post by Pinkberry_y
Stop reaching out to her stop contacting her. She wants the space and break so give it to her, don't waste any effort on her or give her any attention. If she likes you enough, when she realises you're no longer around she'll want to make a go of things again

And you know what's weird? After I've broken up, I was made to look like a bad person.
Original post by ChickenMadness
She sounds like a liar. Liars are bad.
Original post by Anonymous
And you know what's weird? After I've broken up, I was made to look like a bad person.

Crazy girls always do mean stuff and then try to make you think it's your fault. Need to stay away from them.
Reply 6
Original post by ChickenMadness
Crazy girls always do mean stuff and then try to make you think it's your fault. Need to stay away from them.

Yeah. Really mentally shattered me enough to even question my own sanity. Got me so depressed. I was very curious and really wanted to confront what's what. But right now, all is well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending