The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is there any template someone can advice me to follow when writing your cv/cover letter
Original post by blksheep
Is there any template someone can advice me to follow when writing your cv/cover letter

Search on google. WSO, M&I and canary wharfian each have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

google: 'how to write a cover letter' and 'IB cover letter example' -> write stuff -> ??? -> profit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Search on google. WSO, M&I and canary wharfian each have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you use the same cover letter for all firms? Simply replacing the name?
Do you use the same cover letter for all firms? Simply replacing the name?

Loooool no, that would be silly. You change any pertinent info about the firm (awards, deals, achievements, culture, values) but keep your personal section the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Loooool no, that would be silly. You change any pertinent info about the firm (awards, deals, achievements, culture, values) but keep your personal section the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it a good idea to postpone applying after you have spoken to representatives of the firms at uni events? So that you can include their name in your cover letter?
Should you include irrelevant work experience on your resume? Football coach at summer camp/personal tutor for kids up to year 10 for instance.
Is it a good idea to postpone applying after you have spoken to representatives of the firms at uni events? So that you can include their name in your cover letter?

Including name of representatives on ur CL does not help as much as you think.

Applying early is more important than name dropping on CLs which most IBs wont even read.

But if you have contact with some IBs feel free to include their name but in my opinion its not worth delaying your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should you include irrelevant work experience on your resume? Football coach at summer camp/personal tutor for kids up to year 10 for instance.

Of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Forgive the naivety, but could one argue that exit opportunities could be better at big4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Forgive the naivety, but could one argue that exit opportunities could be better at big4?

Posted from TSR Mobile

one could argue anything really and truly
Morgan Stanley spring weeks up, but the ISG spring week only mentions fixed income sales and trading despite the fact the description page mentions the investment banking division. Can anyone clarify this?
Original post by atomicweasel
Morgan Stanley spring weeks up, but the ISG spring week only mentions fixed income sales and trading despite the fact the description page mentions the investment banking division. Can anyone clarify this?

Its a general multi division SW, inside the application they will ask you what division your 1st preference is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by atomicweasel

Never mind what category it's under, it's a general spring week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have a resume template? All I can find that is relevant to IB is in US style.
Does anyone have a resume template? All I can find that is relevant to IB is in US style.

use that then as a template but put uk stuff
Original post by gr8wizard10
use that then as a template but put uk stuff

Many US templates recommends stating your GPA and or SAT results. Should I then include A levels/GCSE?
Many US templates recommends stating your GPA and or SAT results. Should I then include A levels/GCSE?

'put uk stuff' is self explanatory no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah :smile:
Original post by gr8wizard10
yeah :smile:

Ty :smile:
What about e-mail adress? My personal or university?

Latest

Trending

Trending