The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2620
Original post by DaFrenchy
It means that you passed the test, otherwise you would have received a rejection e-mail.

Not necessarily. I've received both emails lol
I know it's already been mentioned on here but kinda stressing out as I missed my deadline for Barclays vid interview (and haven't heard back from the email addresses they gave me) - can someone post the barclays grad emails again pls? Can't find them anywhere online! 😳
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by torres657
Citi rejection for summer :frown:

Sorry to hear - how long after the numerical test did you receive the rejection?
Original post by appsappsapps
I know it's already been mentioned on here but kinda stressing out as I missed my deadline for Barclays vid interview (and haven't heard back from the email addresses they gave me) - can someone post the barclays grad emails again pls?

Call the Canary Wharf contact, and when they pick up just asked to be transferred to graduate recruitment, that way you can raise your voice if needed
Original post by Dante991
Unlucky mate, I'm sure it wasn't you as a candidate but the ridiculously testing - I got a rejection from the RBS SJT and just started laughing, they wanted a numerical and logical after too for a non CIB/markets role :biggrin:

thanks mate, but I am 100% sure I did well on the test, sth like 10/12, probably they didn't like my background

don't worry mate, hopefully you will start to receive invites from real banks
Reply 2625
BAML doesnt want a cover letter right?
Original post by Breakingbank
Sorry to hear - how long after the numerical test did you receive the rejection?

I did test on Sep 7
Original post by torres657
Citi rejection for summer :frown:

You only need one mate, keep going

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know when Lloyds are opening? Been ages now

Should be opening on the first week of October - which division are you applying to there?
Original post by PrinceOfTeddies
I got a very generic blah blah

What did they say exactly?
Original post by Breakingbank
Should be opening on the first week of October - which division are you applying to there?

Thanks! and probably this role: http://www.lloydsbankinggrouptalent.com/commercial-banking-corporate-products-markets/
Does anyone knows how long after tests does HSBC come back ?Same question for BoAML
Does anyone knows how long after tests does HSBC come back ?Same question for BoAML

Not sure about HSBC but I feel I done well on those and haven't received anything, however I remember someone saying they passed the BAML SJT on here
Not sure about HSBC but I feel I done well on those and haven't received anything, however I remember someone saying they passed the BAML SJT on here

Ok thanks ! I got a "Thank you for completing the test..." from HSBC

It was me about the BAML SJT.

In fact I got rejected the day after I took the test but I received shortly after an email asking me to discard the rejection email and saying that I passed.

So it seems that BoAML sends automatic rejection mails after SJT, and they tend to be wrong
(edited 7 years ago)

No worries, same! they have a debt capital markets division in there as well as S&T
Ok thanks ! I got a "Thank you for completing the test..." from HSBC

It was me about the BAML SJT.

In fact I got rejected the day after I took the test but I received shortly after an email asking me to discard the rejection email and saying that I passed.

So it seems that BoAML sends automatic rejection mails after SJT, and they tend to be wrong

Thanks for clearing this up for BAML as I was getting worried for not getting an answer. So I'm assuming its a good thing if you don't receive anything as it means you haven't failed the SJT?
Call the Canary Wharf contact, and when they pick up just asked to be transferred to graduate recruitment, that way you can raise your voice if needed

yeah i tried that first and the guy literally said "there's no one i can transfer you to, just email them" and then i couldn't find an email address :/ lool what a nightmare!
Original post by PrinceOfTeddies
Has anyone applied for JP Morgan?

And what is the response you got... Anyone care to help a worried person out? I'm curious as I got a very generic blah blah that sounds like a rejection almost immediately!

What message did you get?
Original post by TheBankinator
Thanks for clearing this up for BAML as I was getting worried for not getting an answer. So I'm assuming its a good thing if you don't receive anything as it means you haven't failed the SJT?

I guess, yes :smile:
I got a message from JP saying to chill out cause they have bare apps to review for dayyyyyyyz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending