The Student Room Group

20 y/o girl who likes a 17 y/o guy

sooooooooo basically there's a new guy at work, started talking to him recently and he's really nice and sweet. then everyone told me he's 17... feel weird and awkward now. would it be really wrong for a 20 y/o girl to like a 17 y/o guy?? he doesn't seem immature tbh but i know everyone at work would judge the hell out of me
Original post by Anonymous
sooooooooo basically there's a new guy at work, started talking to him recently and he's really nice and sweet. then everyone told me he's 17... feel weird and awkward now. would it be really wrong for a 20 y/o girl to like a 17 y/o guy?? he doesn't seem immature tbh but i know everyone at work would judge the hell out of me

what job?
Reply 2
i think the jump from 17 to 20 is a bit much tbh... 3 years isn't anything in an adult relationship but you're of university age and he is school age... the maturity change is so much between those two years as well. he isn't even classed as an adult yet.
Reply 3
Original post by Moura
i think the jump from 17 to 20 is a bit much tbh... 3 years isn't anything in an adult relationship but you're of university age and he is school age... the maturity change is so much between those two years as well. he isn't even classed as an adult yet.

I disagree, I met my fiancee my first week at university when I was 18 and she was 21 as she'd done a gap year working before uni and was in her final year. Now engaged to marry next summer after I graduate :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Mark19
I disagree, I met my fiancee my first week at university when I was 18 and she was 21 as she'd done a gap year working before uni and was in her final year. Now engaged to marry next summer after I graduate :tongue:

even that is different when you join uni there is a slight imbalance between those who have done gap years and those who havent but that quickly gets levelled as you are all at the same life stage even if you have different ages and the younger people are forced mature quickly.
Reply 5
Original post by Moura
even that is different when you join uni there is a slight imbalance between those who have done gap years and those who havent but that quickly gets levelled as you are all at the same life stage even if you have different ages and the younger people are forced mature quickly.

i agree. somehow, 18, 21 doesnt seem as odd as 17, 20
Reply 6
so if i waited till he was 18 before thinking of dating him it wouldn't be as bad??
Original post by Anonymous
so if i waited till he was 18 before thinking of dating him it wouldn't be as bad??

It's not illegal so just do it now if you want too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending