The Student Room Group

Does she still love me / or want to get back together.

Two weeks ago my girlfriend of six months decided it was over. She gave me five
minutes of her time in my car to let me know how she felt and that it was over. She then decided to leave and go back into her house.

The reason she split with me was because she says she no longer loves me. I feel this may not be true and she seemed upset that I lied to her and that I was going through lots of personal issues alongside depression.

The issues we had was me telling lots of white lies about going to work due to my depression and other trivial things like this. She said she had given me enough chances and it was over. I don't think its that bad to lie to protect someone when you don't feel well mentally.

Since weve broken up I tried numerous time to get back together but she isn't having any of it. I tried but it didn't work. We then feel out as I sent her a lot of abuse and I then blocked her on all forms of social media alongside her friends and family. I messaged her friends and family which then sent a text from her phone saying to stop. She rang the following this crying saying she just wanted to remain friends. I ended the calls and stopped replying to her. She started snap chatting me and we began talking. When she was drunk she then started flirting saying she wanted to FaceTime. What should I do.
Original post by Anonymous
What should I do.

You should accept her decision, cut off contact from her, block her on everything and never send anyone abuse ever again.

The reason she split with me was because she says she no longer loves me. I feel this may not be true and she seemed upset that I lied to her and that I was going through lots of personal issues alongside depression.

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering with depression, it's a horrible illness. Even though you have your suspicions about her reasons, that's not for you to decide for yourself. She said she doesn't love you and ending the relationship is all the evidence you need for that. Hopefully you realise the impact that the lies may have had on her, despite the fact you did have a very understandable reason for lying.

The issues we had was me telling lots of white lies about going to work due to my depression and other trivial things like this. She said she had given me enough chances and it was over. I don't think its that bad to lie to protect someone when you don't feel well mentally.

You might not think it's bad, but clearly she does and it was a problem for her. You say it's trivial, but a lot of people really value honesty in a relationship. You may think you were protecting her, but personally I would rather know the hard truth than have someone lie to me. It's better to know what's really going on with your partner and that they trust you will deal with it appropriately instead of them hiding everything from you. It isn't up to you to decide for your partner what they can and cannot deal with - honesty is the best policy.

Since weve broken up I tried numerous time to get back together but she isn't having any of it. I tried but it didn't work. We then feel out as I sent her a lot of abuse and I then blocked her on all forms of social media alongside her friends and family. I messaged her friends and family which then sent a text from her phone saying to stop. She rang the following this crying saying she just wanted to remain friends. I ended the calls and stopped replying to her. She started snap chatting me and we began talking. When she was drunk she then started flirting saying she wanted to FaceTime. What should I do.

You already tried getting back together and you also sent her abuse. These things stop me from even suggesting you could try to repair the relationship. She doesn't want to get back together so stop trying. The ONLY form of conversation I think would be acceptable for you to have now is an apology for the abuse you sent her and a goodbye. She's reaching out to you maybe because she's lonely or upset but the relationship ended - the reason why she's reaching out to you is irrelevant.

My advice to you is cut her off and let her go. I would also see a doctor or psychologist if you haven't already if you are struggling with depression.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending