The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Jokes :rolleyes:

Original post by guided1
We need for people to see what Islam is really like not just the media propaganda but I dont think singing like christians is the right way. lol.

Theres actually a funny clip of a group of Muslims actually singing one of those songs in a mosque. It was so cringe.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IdeasForLife
That's good, no slacking :tongue:

Bare gains

Too many gains :biggrin:
Original post by h333
Wa'alaikum Assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh....welcome back...thought the thread starter had disappeared :tongue:

Hope you are fine :h:

I don't come on here much anymore - refocusing my attention more to real life so that I can try to get a job, leave home and tell my parents about me being Muslim now :redface:

I am good Alhamdulillah, and I hope you are in the best of health and state of imaan InshaAllah :smile:
Original post by HAnwar
I guess that's inevitable when you have such a powerful religion which grows day by day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

SubhaanAllah. I think it's not just the growth - perhaps that's something that we have focused more on without realising that it is also the adherence to Islam, prioritising it such that we do not compromise and allow it to become diluted (as happened with Christianity), as well as the fact that we don't care as much about material matters - it's most likely a combination of such things that really (for some strange reason) get under the skin of some people.
Original post by Zamestaneh
Assalaamu 'aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu, ya ikhwaan wa akhawaat

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
Assalaamu 'aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu, ya ikhwaan wa akhawaat

و عليكم اسلام
Boss man. Im planning on going to some of the sikh soc events this year. Is there anything i should know before hand so i dont purposefully offend them?
Reply 2246
Original post by IdeasForLife
Theres actually a funny clip of a group of Muslims actually singing one of those songs in a mosque. It was so cringe.

Loooool that must have been cringe worthy.what is the point *sigh* ? May Allah guide them. Ameen.

I don't come on here much anymore - refocusing my attention more to real life so that I can try to get a job, leave home and tell my parents about me being Muslim now :redface:

I am good Alhamdulillah, and I hope you are in the best of health and state of imaan InshaAllah :smile:

Bless you...I thought that must have been the case and I am glad you are :yep: may Allah help you in your difficult times and make it ever so easy for you to achieve success and give you what is best for you in this life and the hereafter. Ameen.

Alhamdulillah, jzk :smile: I hope the same for you.

Original post by h333
Interesting.

Looool we're hosting him too as the UoB isoc on behalf of Al Buruj press. You should see how many flyers and posters ive got in the back of my trunk of my car 😂😂
Reply 2249
Original post by saeed9764
Looool we're hosting him too as the UoB isoc on behalf of Al Buruj press. You should see how many flyers and posters ive got in the back of my trunk of my car 😂😂

Lol idk y that is so cool.
Original post by ash92:)
SubhaanAllah. I think it's not just the growth - perhaps that's something that we have focused more on without realising that it is also the adherence to Islam, prioritising it such that we do not compromise and allow it to become diluted (as happened with Christianity), as well as the fact that we don't care as much about material matters - it's most likely a combination of such things that really (for some strange reason) get under the skin of some people.

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Yep, totally right :smile:

Original post by h333
Interesting.

Interested?

Original post by saeed9764

Lol have fun distributing them all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2251
Original post by HAnwar
Yep, totally right :smile:

Interested?

Lol have fun distributing them all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :tongue:
How are you anyway?
Original post by h333
Yes :tongue:
How are you anyway?

Yeah good Alhamdulilah, yourself? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
As-salaamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu. I hope everyone is well.

I've been watching this thread on and off for quite some time. I thought it would be good for me to actually post something on here. This is my first post.

I joined TSR back in August of 2013 but I'm inactive in terms of posting. I hesitate to post on threads as I don't think I'm confident enough. I'm not thick-skinned, to be honest.

[My apologies if my sentences don't make sense. I haven't had much to eat today but I will be having dinner after I pray Maghrib, In sha Allah. :smile: Spicy lamb pilau, yum! Also, I've been diagnosed as having learning difficulties, so...yeah.]

Where I live, the weather seems to have shifted from hot to somewhat cold. There was a scary thunderstorm around Fajr time the other day. One of the thunder strikes sounded like what I thought gunshots or even some sort of bomb would sound like and then my mind went to how people in war zones might be used to hearing that kind of sound. :frown:
I thought I'd share the dua for thunder...
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474308175.949252.jpg
Original post by FantasticMsFox

I've been watching this thread on and off for quite some time. I thought it would be good for me to actually post something on here. This is my first post.

I joined TSR back in August of 2013 but I'm inactive in terms of posting. I hesitate to post on threads as I don't think I'm confident enough. I'm not thick-skinned, to be honest.

[My apologies if my sentences don't make sense. I haven't had much to eat today but I will be having dinner after I pray Maghrib, In sha Allah. :smile: Spicy lamb pilau, yum! Also, I've been diagnosed as having learning difficulties, so...yeah.]

Where I live, the weather seems to have shifted from hot to somewhat cold. There was a scary thunderstorm around Fajr time the other day. One of the thunder strikes sounded like what I thought gunshots or even some sort of bomb would sound like and then my mind went to how people in war zones might be used to hearing that kind of sound. :frown:

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh :h:

Alhamdulillah, it's a nice little place where we try to build an atmosphere of mutual help, encouraging good and inspiring imaan. It's great that you've posted here!

SubhaanAllah. Drastic weather changes remind us of Allah's power and control over all matters, the submission of the heavens and the earth to His will, the finite nature of our existence and the limited nature of our foresight and knowledge. It also reminds us of the variety of ways, the different conditions in in the environment, which Allah ta'ala brings together in order to sustain His creation for as long as He wills.
Reply 2255
Original post by HAnwar
Yeah good Alhamdulilah, yourself? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is great x Alhamdulillah I am not going to complain :smile:

Wa'alaikum Assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh :smile:

Honestly, that was an amazing post masha'Allah :h: JazakAllah Khair.
Reply 2256
Original post by ash92:)
Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh :h:

Alhamdulillah, it's a nice little place where we try to build an atmosphere of mutual help, encouraging good and inspiring imaan. It's great that you've posted here!

SubhaanAllah. Drastic weather changes remind us of Allah's power and control over all matters, the submission of the heavens and the earth to His will, the finite nature of our existence and the limited nature of our foresight and knowledge. It also reminds us of the variety of ways, the different conditions in in the environment, which Allah ta'ala brings together in order to sustain His creation for as long as He wills.

SubhanAllah :h:
Shaykh al-Islam of the British Isles, Abdullah Quilliam (rahimahullah) who founded England's first mosque. Found pic interesting.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
That is great x Alhamdulillah I am not going to complain :smile:

Sure? Lmk if you wanna talk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasalam

It's great you decided to post here :smile:

Awesome first post and JZK for sharing the dua.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending