The Student Room Group

Where can I get work experience that will help me get into an economics degree?

What can I do to make my personal statement look attractive to Universities?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Try and look for voluntary activities they do. Also, LSE is hard to get into, and so it is very dependent on grades. What GCSE's did you get??
Try a financial firm or somewhere that uses statistical and graphical software, like Rolls-Royce.
Reply 3
What subjects do you do?
Hey I'm in exactly the same position as you!:smile:
Original post by thomasp360
Try and look for voluntary activities they do. Also, LSE is hard to get into, and so it is very dependent on grades. What GCSE's did you get??

Are 3A*s, 6As and 2Bs good enough for a uni like LSE?:smile:
Reply 6
Don't drop biology. Either drop chemistry for economics or don't drop anything and do not do a 5th a level that's pointless and time consuming. You don't need to do economics at a level to do it at uni. Besides, you've missed like 6 lessons now your school may not even let you do it at all
Reply 7
You don't research at all do you.. Economics at LSE doesn't require economics at a level. It requires A* in maths a level and 2 A in any other subjects. Obviously not media studies etc. Btw if you do further maths, at LSE you need to do it as a 4th subject as they feel maths further maths and one other subject is not enough for the essay writing etc. that is on the course. So basically it is better to do maths without further maths and do well in 2 other subjects like biology chemistry... maybe economics but it's probs too late for you to start economics now.
Reply 8
2 weeks is quite significant lol and tbh it's going to drag on further because you're now on tsr asking what you should do i.e. you're unsure whether you even want to do economics, or what to do, you're indefinite so I doubt they'll let you start after 3 weeks but let me know how it goes for you.
Original post by Vl7d
You don't research at all do you.. Economics at LSE doesn't require economics at a level. It requires A* in maths a level and 2 A in any other subjects. Obviously not media studies etc. Btw if you do further maths, at LSE you need to do it as a 4th subject as they feel maths further maths and one other subject is not enough for the essay writing etc. that is on the course. So basically it is better to do maths without further maths and do well in 2 other subjects like biology chemistry... maybe economics but it's probs too late for you to start economics now.

Stop spreading misinformation.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/DegreeProgrammes2017/economics/L101_BSc_Econ.aspx
This is clearly written on the website. You're the one who needs to do research, get off this forum if you're just going condescend others then talk rubbish yourself.
Dont listen to that idiot. 90% of students do take economics and its not too late to start. Funnily enough someone just started today in my class.
Reply 11
Original post by fksociety
Stop spreading misinformation.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/DegreeProgrammes2017/economics/L101_BSc_Econ.aspx
This is clearly written on the website. You're the one who needs to do research, get off this forum if you're just going condescend others then talk rubbish yourself.

A level Economics or equivalent is not currently required for any of our Department degrees and the first-year Economics course does not assume it at present
are you a troll?
Original post by Vl7d
A level Economics or equivalent is not currently required for any of our Department degrees and the first-year Economics course does not assume it at present
are you a troll?

"However more than 90 per cent of students entering LSE Economics Department degrees have done A level, Singapore Higher or International Baccalaureate Economics."

"Note however that where a school only offers combined Economics and Business A level or no Economics at all, LSE will never discriminate against its candidates for our degrees"

They're implying that if you don't take Economics at a level when it is available at your school, they'll discriminate against you. You basically have no chance.

Maybe an idiot like you would enter with minimum requirements, I just want OP to have a competitive application. Have fun at london met.
Reply 13
Yh I didn't say that exactly though did I :/ stop crying to others looking for sympathy. I said it is really unlikely. And I did not say you have no chance getting into Cambridge with 4A*s at A level lol stop lying.
Yes just ignore him, judging by his poor attitude and personality i doubt any uni will accept him anyway.
Reply 15
Yes just ignore him, judging by his poor attitude and personality i doubt any uni will accept him anyway.

Okay internet warrior. I'll leave you guys to it to conjure a competitive application
And remember, Further maths is probably more important and at least you're doing it.
Original post by Vl7d
Okay internet warrior. I'll leave you guys to it to conjure a competitive application

No worries, we'll also visit you at your non target uni if you ever need help.
Reply 18
No worries, we'll also visit you at your non target uni if you ever need help.

Sorry which uni do you study at?
Original post by Vl7d
Judging by your username you probably are an outcast in society so resort to vent your anger out on forums. Nice

Lol r u getting triggered? You're replying to posts that weren't even meant for you. And no, this account was intended as a persona i adopted. Any idiot could have figured that out.

Quick Reply

Latest