The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Alkar
Slightly worried that as funding is still not sorted, some funding will be lost next year. Anyone heard anything?

Yes a little concerned about that too.I hope they get it sorted soon and give us a date as to when we can start applying.. no updates yet.
I know they are opening applications in September sometime. I already got into Sheffield Hallam and Newcastle, but I will be applying to Liverpool and Manchester because I am from near Manchester, no **** Sherlock look at my username, so I could live at home. If I don't get into Lpool or Mancs I will go Sheffield because you get your £9000 course fees paid plus a £5000 bursary which would probably cover my accommodation, but I have no way to fund food, clothes etc. I'll have to look in bins and shoplift.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
Can't believe there's still no info. Anyone heard anything?
Reply 23
they said October they open applications cause they're looking at changing the funding model
Reply 24
Would it still be a January start then?
Reply 25
Yes it will be January/February 2017 start
Reply 26
Original post by Ruric
they said October they open applications cause they're looking at changing the funding model

Did you email them ?
The way they've taken so long this year
Do you think the model will still be open next year January ?
Reply 27
I think I'll call them this week...
Reply 28
I don't know what they have planned. I'm waiting to find out as well
Reply 29
I have contacted the programme leader and the course will be self funded this year :frown: where to find £18,000 to fund the two years!? I am completely put off applying now and will probably apply to Bradford now...

Everyone else's thoughts?
Reply 30
Gutted we have to pay but it's not put me off applying. Would we be able to get a loan?
Reply 31
Original post by Alkar
Gutted we have to pay but it's not put me off applying. Would we be able to get a loan?

I recently got my Student Finance loan statement back and it's for £40,000+ - all the interest had added up! We can borrow £10K but I really don't want to add to my existing debt!
Reply 32
Original post by P.A
I recently got my Student Finance loan statement back and it's for £40,000+ - all the interest had added up! We can borrow £10K but I really don't want to add to my existing debt!

Wow, I see your point 😓
Original post by P.A

According to student finance England, the 10k is only available to those studing a masters. So a pgdip course will not qualify 😭
Reply 34
Omg is the course really self funded now ?
Does anyone know if it's only for this year or that's the permanent thing now ?

They still haven't released application dates ! ahhhh
anyone heard anything new ?
Reply 35
Original post by georgetheboss
According to student finance England, the 10k is only available to those studing a masters. So a pgdip course will not qualify 😭

Yes this is correct postgraduate loan , only applies to masters ☹️
Reply 36
Yes it's totally self funded. Apparently we can pay out of our wages each month if that helps. Interviews will hopefully be last week in October / first week in November.
Reply 37
But you can take the co-op professional career development loan! think is on the list of qualifying degrees
Original post by WendyMay
Omg is the course really self funded now ?
Does anyone know if it's only for this year or that's the permanent thing now ?

They still haven't released application dates ! ahhhh
anyone heard anything new ?

its out .
Recruitment for the February 2017 intake will:

Go live on 12th October 2017 - www.jobs.nhs.uk under the reference of Student Physician Associate North West
Closing date 23rd October 2016 or earlier if sufficient numbers have been received
Invitations to interview will be sent out on the 9th November 2016
Interviews for all 3 universities Manchester, Liverpool and UCLan, will be held at Aintree Racecourse on 16th, 17th and 18th November 2016.
Offer letters will be sent out on 21st November 2016 and Pre-Employment Checks including Occupational Health Checks will commence on 22nd November 2016.
Original post by Ruric
But you can take the co-op professional career development loan! think is on the list of qualifying degrees

I work for the Co-op bank and can confirm the course is eligible as its a PG Dip and no longer than 2 years so fits the criteria for a career development loan :smile:

I'm thinking of taking a career development loan for £9000, paying £4500 off year 1 and £4500 off year 2 that way with the salary I'll only have to pay off £375 a month for the course fees and live off the rest (approx £655).

I can't believe they've took so long to decide on a date for when we can apply - it bloody starts in February!!

I graduated from Liverpool with a 2.1 in psychology, I've done some volunteering in hospitals and a couple of placements and that's it.

I'm going to put
Liverpool as my first choice, Uclan and then Manchester

Latest