The Student Room Group

Buddhism and university?

Hello everyone, I follow buddhism. I wake up early each morning and I do not drink or smoke, I am worried about how I will fit in at university since I am not too into clubbing or getting drunk. My perception is that clubbing and getting drunk is the only way to make friends, are my worries futile?
In the 1% chance this isn't a troll, my answer for you is below. If you are a troll, mods should ban you soon enough.
You are silly, there are plenty of people like myself who don't drink, smoke, party yet still manage to make friends.
Also your uni might have a Buddhist society, join it if you'd like to meet more Buddhists like you :smile:
Reply 2
I am not a troll :smile: but thank you for kind reply
Original post by Anxious97
Hello everyone, I follow buddhism. I wake up early each morning and I do not drink or smoke, I am worried about how I will fit in at university since I am not too into clubbing or getting drunk. My perception is that clubbing and getting drunk is the only way to make friends, are my worries futile?

have you considered going out but not drinking a bit of clubbing at uni is advisable to help make friends at the start but once they get to know you you could kind of let them know your not keen on clubbing.

I spent my entire time sober and still made friends had no problems wit pressure to drink or do drugs or smoke you will be absolutly find just go with the flow and enjoy it.
I'm pretty sure they'll be a Hippie Commune somewhere at your university (there's bound to be) and you'll fit right in there...
Reply 5
Original post by jonathanemptage
have you considered going out but not drinking a bit of clubbing at uni is advisable to help make friends at the start but once they get to know you you could kind of let them know your not keen on clubbing.

I spent my entire time sober and still made friends had no problems wit pressure to drink or do drugs or smoke you will be absolutly find just go with the flow and enjoy it.

I will follow your advice, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending