The Student Room Group

Mechanical engineering coursework

Hi I was wondering what the coursework in a mechanical engineering degree is like. Is it a lot of writing or a lot of maths.
Original post by tanahm
Hi I was wondering what the coursework in a mechanical engineering degree is like. Is it a lot of writing or a lot of maths.

Both writing and maths. Sometimes at the same time.

For example, you may have to write a report on something, which may mainly involve research and then writing a report. Other times it may be on a lab you have done, that will usually require calculations to be performed. Design projects may include both elements.
Reply 2
Original post by Smack
Both writing and maths. Sometimes at the same time.

For example, you may have to write a report on something, which may mainly involve research and then writing a report. Other times it may be on a lab you have done, that will usually require calculations to be performed. Design projects may include both elements.

Thanks. How easy or hard is the coursework. How do most people do on them. Percentage wise?
Original post by tanahm
Thanks. How easy or hard is the coursework. How do most people do on them. Percentage wise?

Varies too much and on too many factors to give an accurate answer. I found them hard initially, but then generally did better on them than exams.

Quick Reply

Latest