The Student Room Group

How to revise for GCSE Computing (OCR)

I am struggling to find revision material for GCSE computing and I am not sure how I can revise for this subject if I can find any material
Reply 3
Original post by JackT2000
Thanks do you do computing?

If you do could you help me with these questions?

1) What is the purpose of a CPU?
2) How does the clock speed affect the performance of the CPU?

I did OCR Computing last year. Doing Computer Science now for A-levels.

In regards to your questions, you can easily find those answers within minutes by Googling them. Try to be a little more independent with your learning. Whilst asking for help is fine, the questions you've asked can very easily be answered by a quick Google search.
You should ask your teacher. Most schools will have their own text books which will save you from forking out £20 for your own. And honestly I dont think it is worth paying for it. I found it to be too wordy and repeat itself regularly. I didnt have the revision notes book so that may be alot better than the text book.
also doing past papers really helps as long as you actually mark them and then you can use the answers on the mark scheme that you didnt know to create your own revision materials like flash cards.
Reply 6
Original post by Aklaol
I did OCR Computing last year. Doing Computer Science now for A-levels.

In regards to your questions, you can easily find those answers within minutes by Googling them. Try to be a little more independent with your learning. Whilst asking for help is fine, the questions you've asked can very easily be answered by a quick Google search.

Please answer my question or tell me if these are correct?

1) The purpose of the CPU is to fetch, decode and execute instructions that are stored in memory

2) please help me with number 2
Reply 7
Please answer my question or tell me if these are correct?

1) The purpose of the CPU is to fetch, decode and execute instructions that are stored in memory

2) please help me with number 2

1) The CPU acts as the brains of the computer. Its main role is to fetch, decode and execute instructions from main memory (RAM). The two typical components of a CPU is the ALU, which performs arithmetic and logical operations and the CU which extracts instructions from memory and decodes and executes them, calling on the ALU when necessary.

2)

Simple Google search.....
Reply 8
Original post by Aklaol
1) The CPU acts as the brains of the computer. Its main role is to fetch, decode and execute instructions from main memory (RAM). The two typical components of a CPU is the ALU, which performs arithmetic and logical operations and the CU which extracts instructions from memory and decodes and executes them, calling on the ALU when necessary.

2)

Simple Google search.....

So is number 1 correct?
Reply 9
So is number 1 correct?

Yeah. I just gave a more detailed answer.
Here is a little hint summaries everything in flash cards .And watch OCR computing Science on yt.He has great videos and if nothing else works wing it.

Quick Reply

Latest