The Student Room Group

I almost cry everytime we study Hitler. Why?

I'm a 17 year old guy. I tear up when we watch a video of Hitler, Kristallnacht, the Holocaust etc. No one else does. I'm usually quite a cold persom.

I was thinking maybe because I'm gay and they were sent to the camps. I have one great grandparent who was Jewish.

Am I off my trolley??

Scroll to see replies

:hugs:

OP u can speak to ur teacher in private maybe?
Hitler was a bad guy, I tear up when I see photos of black people who'd been lynched back in the day, I'm a white guy.

Its prolly because these are heart breaking acts, but they're human acts, it can be tear jerking to think that people can do such horrid things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the rest of your heritage?
Because you cry over his greatness ?
Original post by longshot100
No offence but being a bad guy is subjective. History is written by the victor after all.

Not sure if serious...
What are you saying?
Reply 7
Strange.

Really sound guy imo.
No you are not somehow mentally ill for being upset about what Hitler and his regime did to your ancestor and to homosexuals. I only found out three years ago about ancestors of mine who went to the camps and died, and it was upsetting for me.
Original post by barnetlad
No you are not somehow mentally ill for being upset about what Hitler and his regime did to your ancestor and to homosexuals. I only found out three years ago about ancestors of mine who went to the camps and died, and it was upsetting for me.

How is someone dying that you never knew, upsetting ?
Original post by Trinculo
What's the rest of your heritage?

Why do you ask?
Original post by s4b3rt00th
Why do you ask?

Anon fail?
Original post by IronicalMan
Anon fail?

Excuse me?

EDIT: I think I should have asked "why do you need to know the rest of his heritage?" because what I said before, I think, implies that he is asking me of my heritage. Is it some kind of joke I'm not getting?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by s4b3rt00th
Why do you ask?

See what other latent issues you might have, or if your problem is particular to Hitler.
do you not think you are succombing to our society's vision of what gay people are like? why conform to a cultural sterotype of being the emotional gay guy? I know plenty of gay men who aren't like this at all
No you're not "off you're trolley". It's clearly a sensitive subject for you (as you can empathise), and I think it's cute. :hugs:
Original post by longshot100
No offence but being a bad guy is subjective. History is written by the victor after all.

(Not saying that Hitler was a saint or anything close to it)*

Would have been better to write that history is often written by points of view.

Hitler is such an obvious case, that remarks about victorer's history are pointless.
It's probably because you actually understand the extent of the evil that took place, whereas most people don't (it's unimaginable for them).
Original post by IronicalMan
I think it's gay.... LMAO

There's nothing to "LMAO" about :colonhash:
Original post by drowzee
There's nothing to "LMAO" about :colonhash:

Maybe not LMAO but LOL
kek

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending