UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5200
Cardiff is a good option too.
I am planning on one london and 3 out
Reply 5201
Sheffield is very promising. easy to get in for med
Original post by Nuba123
Not really - they don't mind. I just don't see myself going down that route if it really doesn't work out I'll probably take a gap year. With BMAT (as you probably know) you find out your score after you send off your application which is wayy to risky for me. Also, I just really like Scotland. :biggrin:

Well if you have such a small chance at the moment, you aren't risking much are you? U surely can only gain something because u will be in the same position now if u do poorly on he bmat anyway.
Your ukcat isn't teerrrible but it can be a lot better, especially by this years standards and I personally wouldn't say applying to universities with ukcat cut off scores or who weigh it at all is a good idea unless you other grades are amazing and they take them into account too.
If you take a gap year than that's another whole year of applying and especially seeing as it's now with achieved its tiny bit harder because hardly anyone gets their predictions. Even if u do go through a gap year, you could still do that if u don't do well on the bmat so it's not like u have to rule it out might as well try it and if u don't do well then so be it, you can take a gap year anyway.

Don't let it out u off applying to ukcat universities though, just perhaps don't limit it to near where you are atm and go for the most likely option.

I'm sure u would be good for any uni that has subtest cut off scores too if I vaguely remember ur score
(edited 7 years ago)
Would you say a score in the 8th decile is a good score?
Original post by .......Jeff458
No. It definitely is worth a shot. I just filled out most of my ucas to give me some motivation :smile: >700 would be a guaranteed offer I presume but our scores are hopeful. Don't give up on it!

Had that experience at school so much before hahaha.

Heard squishy say take the BMAT... I am considering it but even if you ARE allowed, keep in mind you have only 1 month to prepare, your schoolwork ALL to catch up on and most likely your projects when you get back. BMAT is no easy thing either, no calculator for it and you need to write an essay and section 1 is very much problem solving. If you are REALLY determined, go for it but just want to make sure you know this because even for the UKCAT I am struggling to finish school HOMEWORK on time, let alone revise.

Bmat is easier to prepare for, doing three weeks after school is fine; not ideal though.
Original post by 11...
say you are predicted A*A*A* for A level. does that mean when the uni gives you an offer it is lower than usual like AAB or even unconditional.

Because the competition is so big in medicine, there is no chance of an unconditional (I never heard of anyone getting one, not unless they've got through the interview stage and have already got their A levels) nor would they set an offer of anything lower than AAA, regardless of what you are predicted.

Depending on what unis you are applying to or if you've been predicted an A* they may ask for an A*.

If you're lucky, then some unis may accept you on results day if you got A*AB as it can be seen as the equivalent of AAA but even then they may still reject you.
Original post by kayasparkles

Yes.
Original post by kayasparkles

100%. Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
My UKCAT is tomorrow ahhhhhh
Original post by lahigueraxxx

Good luck!!!😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
Good luck!!!😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyouu! :smile:
How UKCAT heavy is kings?
Original post by Hutch28
Because the competition is so big in medicine, there is no chance of an unconditional (I never heard of anyone getting one, not unless they've got through the interview stage and have already got their A levels) nor would they set an offer of anything lower than AAA, regardless of what you are predicted.

Depending on what unis you are applying to or if you've been predicted an A* they may ask for an A*.

If you're lucky, then some unis may accept you on results day if you got A*AB as it can be seen as the equivalent of AAA but even then they may still reject you.

Unconditional offer is when you get an offer with achieved grades, though. Most courses at most unis don't give unconditional for grades that have not yet been achieved. *
Original post by lahigueraxxx

Good luck! Remember not to panic during the test.*
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
Good luck! Remember not to panic during the test.*

Thank you!! Ah I'll try :')
Original post by 11...
what is king's college normal ukcat cut off score. apparently it is around 700.

I know last year the dentistry cut off was 600, I'm not sure how it differs for medicine though
Reply 5216
If anyone wants a 50% off discount for ukcat ninja pm me! :smile: (i went for the course last month)

Also, it'd be great if someone who's done their ukcat and has time left on medify could lend me their account. Thanks so much!
Original post by 11...
what is king's college normal ukcat cut off score. apparently it is around 700.

I emailed them today and this is what they said:

In 2016, for A100 the minimum UKCAT score shortlisted for interview was 612 but most scores for shortlisted applications were 650+.

Better than what I expected!
Original post by 11...
say you are predicted A*A*A* for A level. does that mean when the uni gives you an offer it is lower than usual like AAB or even unconditional.

Lool hell no ur offer is usually higher than minimum. U never get unconditional for med
Original post by Katray
I emailed them today and this is what they said:

In 2016, for A100 the minimum UKCAT score shortlisted for interview was 612 but most scores for shortlisted applications were 650+.

Better than what I expected!

Omg is this for Kings? :O I have a 703 average and i really wanted to apply to kings o.o

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending