Purple and silver :smile:

That's my colour scheme too :tongue: we both have good taste :tongue: :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
That's my colour scheme too :tongue: we both have good taste :tongue: :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

we do :P
Original post by Ishax
Clearly people who get married at 22/23 is because their parents want to get rid of them and settled, oh what a shame. Are your parents the same or are you being forced to have arranged marriage? How sad Plus, how will you be financially stable at 22/23? Oh that's right, benefits 👀

Um.. what? I was 25 when I got married, and my husband was 22; that was five years ago. We've both been lucky enough never to have needed benefits. We got married the year we graduated from our first degrees, just before we started our second degrees. We made do as students, and are now both doctors. You don't need to be 'financially stable' (or whatever your version of 'financially stable' is) to get married, any more than you need money to be in a relationship. :erm:

Original post by Doll Parts
I got married at 22 and have never been on benefits, nor have we ever struggled or needed parental support. I was 20 when we bought our first house, because I wanted to be independent, and we now live in a large 4 bed house and are very comfortable. People meet "the right person" at different ages and people mature at different rates.*Personally, I don't understand people aged 25+ who are living with parents.

This. There's no 'right age' to get married (if you even want to get married at all); it'll be different for everyone.
Reply 104
Original post by *pitseleh*
Um.. what? I was 25 when I got married, and my husband was 22; that was five years ago. We've both been lucky enough never to have needed benefits. We got married the year we graduated from our first degrees, just before we started our second degrees. We made do as students, and are now both doctors. You don't need to be 'financially stable' (or whatever your version of 'financially stable' is) to get married, any more than you need money to be in a relationship. :erm:

This. There's no 'right age' to get married (if you even want to get married at all); it'll be different for everyone.

Well, that's nice for you but I have more things to do with my life than get married. You need to be financially stable to pay bills and live comfortably, without money no can survive. Sad, but true.

I've explained this 100 times but I want to experience my 20's and be selfish. I want to get my degree and masters. I want to progress in my career and I want to travel. By getting married this will limit my options.

Ps you got married at 25 which I don't think is early at all, I was talking about people getting married at before that like your now husband. It's personal preference I guess. Some people don't ever want to get married.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 105
We've been together since I was 16. I'm 22 and he's 23 but we would like to get married at 27-30 🙃
(edited 7 years ago)
25 - 27 :tongue:
I dont see myself marrying at a younger age tbh :redface:
Original post by Ishax
Well, that's nice for you but I have more things to do with my life than get married. You need to be financially stable to pay bills and live comfortably, without money no can survive. Sad, but true.

I've explained this 100 times but I want to experience my 20's and be selfish. I want to get my degree and masters. I want to progress in my career and I want to travel. By getting married this will limit my options.

Ps you got married at 25 which I don't think is early at all, I was talking about people getting married at before that like your now husband. It's personal preference I guess. Some people don't ever want to get married.

Do you have a problem with comprehension? :lol: I already acknowledged that different ages work for different people, and that not everyone wants to get married. Both of those things are fine. You seem to be under the impression that anyone challenging your statements is trying to press-gang you into getting married before your time, which would be weird; obviously you have to do whatever works for you. I was only refuting your suggestion that in order to be able to afford to get married young, you need to be on benefits.

You also seem to have wildly contradictory ideas about financial stability. One minute you're telling another poster that her four-bedroom house doesn't meet your approbation; the next you're suggesting you're only talking about being able to 'pay bills' and 'live comfortably'. We achieved both of those things throughout our time as students. *

Interesting that you think being married would 'limit your options' in those ways, though. Why do you think that being married (specifically, as opposed to just being in a relationship) would prevent you from doing any of those things?*
I got married at 21, didn't have much money or a job then but eventually found work and saved up. I'm happy tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! If you want to do a massive extravaganza wedding that costs about £30,000 then sure, you probably need to have a high income in order to pay. But my partner and I just want to do a simple wedding, registry office with two witnesses and then have a party with friends/family afterwards. I bet I shall wear the same dress I wore to my graduation.
Reply 110
Do you have a problem with comprehension? :lol: I already acknowledged that different ages work for different people, and that not everyone wants to get married. Both of those things are fine. You seem to be under the impression that anyone challenging your statements is trying to press-gang you into getting married before your time, which would be weird; obviously you have to do whatever works for you. I was only refuting your suggestion that in order to be able to afford to get married young, you need to be on benefits.

You also seem to have wildly contradictory ideas about financial stability. One minute you're telling another poster that her four-bedroom house doesn't meet your approbation; the next you're suggesting you're only talking about being able to 'pay bills' and 'live comfortably'. We achieved both of those things throughout our time as students. *

Interesting that you think being married would 'limit your options' in those ways, though. Why do you think that being married (specifically, as opposed to just being in a relationship) would prevent you from doing any of those things?*

At the end of the day, there is no need to mention what type of house you live in as it's irrelevant to this thread. There are a lot of things that come with marriage and a sort of that is paying bills in terms of mortgage which is what I was referring to.

By getting married early I will miss out on my 20's as I plan on working on my career and going travelling etc. I want to be financially stable before I settle down and before that I have stuff I want to accomplish. My personal goals if you'd like.
Reply 111
Lol everyone here saying they want to get married in their 20s I'm in my 20s and I do not feel ready to get married whatsoever. Like, I'm not mature enough, I don't even know anyone my age who would be mature enough - I think it seems like a far off age but actually it's still very young.

I'd like to get married between 35 and 40
I wonder how many of these marriages will end in divorce lel
Reply 113
Original post by abc:)
Lol everyone here saying they want to get married in their 20s I'm in my 20s and I do not feel ready to get married whatsoever. Like, I'm not mature enough, I don't even know anyone my age who would be mature enough - I think it seems like a far off age but actually it's still very young.

I'd like to get married between 35 and 40

Join the club! I'd like to get married around late twentys potentially 30's.
Reply 114
Original post by bassbabe
I wonder how many of these marriages will end in divorce lel

😂😂😂😂

ss
Reply 116
Original post by P.A
We've been together since I was 16. I'm 22 and he's 23 but we would like to get married at 27-30 🙃

That's a nice age :smile:
Reply 117
Original post by FemaleBo55
25 - 27 :tongue:
I dont see myself marrying at a younger age tbh :redface:

Neither do I lol
If i had the money and all the necessities then I'd say 23/24 , but that's a far cry considering the circumstances with debts and Uni and all sorts of other stuff.Realistically I'd say 27/28 (preferably when the debt is paid off and you've got some money in the bank lol, you don't want to be in more debt when you;re already knee deep)
To all the lads in here that still want to get married, I got some bad news...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending