The Student Room Group

Do you ever feel you have life a lot harder than others?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm grateful every day for not facing the struggles I know others have had to go through. I count my lucky stars I was born where I was, had the family I did and with the privileges I've had, versus so many people from other places, in other situations, and facing hardships I don't even have any idea about. I've gotten off so lightly by comparison that the thought of taking total ownership of my successes makes my gut turn.
Reply 21
I did, until I realised there's not a person on this Earth who would say they don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
'My life is so much harder than your life' - Everyone
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Ok in all seriousness now, I can hear my parents doing it. I'm 98% sure they're doing it, this is making my life harder

You know who else has it hard? Your dad.
In the first world, yes.
Wrong website to ask that question. No one here has a life.
Yes, I do. However, my reasoning is stupid because I find my life hard because I have to do IB or because my mum didn't allow me to go for some EDM festival. However, I do know that my life isn't even relatively hard compared to what some other people go through as I am surrounded by wonderful people and I need to stop complaining. But hey, cribbing about the smallest stuff is like human nature lol.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yes compared to Mila Kunis and Miranda Kerr, I do

No tbh I read Miranda Kerr's book. Her ex boyfriend died when she was with him. Her son is named after him.
No. I don't feel like I have the right to do so when other people have gone through so much more than I have.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
You know who else has it hard? Your dad.

lolool :rofl:

Original post by Pulse.
I did, until I realised there's not a person on this Earth who would say they don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Abstract_Prism
'My life is so much harder than your life' - Everyone

Original post by riyaaaaa
Yes, I do. However, my reasoning is stupid because I find my life hard because I have to do IB or because my mum didn't allow me to go for some EDM festival. However, I do know that my life isn't even relatively hard compared to what some other people go through as I am surrounded by wonderful people and I need to stop complaining. But hey, cribbing about the smallest stuff is like human nature lol.

Original post by davidguettafan

Original post by sameehaiqbal
Yes :redface:

Original post by NotNotBatman
Yes.

Original post by FireFreezer77
All the time! :frown:

Original post by idfk_
Ye boi.

Always.

Original post by Zargabaath
notice how everyone thinks their life's harder then most, i think everyone thinks this way, just the ones that get somewhere suck it up and don't whine about it

Original post by the1nonly
Yes and its hard but i just get on with it and hope things get better

Original post by Betelgeuse-
Of course, and then i very quickly remind myself i have life a lot easier than others

Original post by Rhaenys10
everyone thinks they have it harder than others
in my case, i'm aware that i'm the one making my life too hard

Original post by TreeFellOnMe
Yeah but I also think a lot of it is my own fault

Yes but it's going to be worth it.
Original post by ForestShadow
lolool :rofl:

so deep! =))
thank you tho:biggrin:
Original post by Rhaenys10
so deep! =))
thank you tho:biggrin:

np, deep quotes and funny memes are my forte, a contrasting yet strong mix :holmes:
Original post by ForestShadow
np, deep quotes and funny memes are my forte, a contrasting yet strong mix :holmes:

cliche iz beautiful
Not really; and I'd advise anybody posting here saying that they do to step back and take into consideration their positions in life in relation to much of the world. You live in a western nation with free healthcare, free education, every opportunity to better yourself, clean water; an abundance of food etc. Chances are if you're on TSR you had a decent middle class upbringing and are mostly likely quite intelligent aswell. Can we all just stop for a minute and be thankful for what we have here in the west?
No not at all.
Thing have happened ofc, things that only family know and it can stay that way and tbh hating things rn but they are better than before.
However im not dying (not that im saying that is the worst that can happen to someone) i have one person who would do absolutely anything for me and is the only person who loves me unconditionally which is more than a few ppl ik have and tbh without that person i wouldn't have achieved the things i have in life or even got this far.
so yes.
Things could be better ofc but then again so could everyone's and some more so than others, it is naive to think that nobody in the west has it hard, sweeping generalisation, but we are all on computers/devices rn so chances are we arent living in a box :borat:
Universities aren't free though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
No. Even when I am struggling with my health, my family's health and various other problems in my life that have sent me to rock bottom again and again , I always feel like there's a lot of people out there who have it worse. My suffering is still valid and deserves help just like everyone else but I do have a lot in life that I'm grateful for and that a lot of people don't have what I have and to me, that balances it out. The positives in my life outshine the negativity and the struggles, even on my worst days, when it's harder to see from that perspective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, compared to some people (orphans, people living in absolute poverty) I have it pretty good.
Original post by davidguettafan
Universities aren't free though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Primary, secondary and further education is though
Honestly, no. I'm very grateful for the life I have.

Quick Reply

Latest