The Student Room Group

EU protection racket threatens to kneecap England

Scroll to see replies

This makes me happy.

All through the campaign, we warned about this. All we had from Leave was "no, no, no - stop scare mongering. They need us more then we need them - they'll be begging to offer us a good deal."

Anyone who is surprised by this (totally predictable) development is a fool.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Yup. If you think what I said before constitutes racism, you need to buy a dictionary, son.

Irony you ignore that I proved you wrong over this stupid labelling of homophobic, xenophobic etc... why don't you get out of this forum and UK university while your at it.
Original post by InnerTemple
This makes me happy.

All through the campaign, we warned about this. All we had from Leave was "no, no, no - stop scare mongering. They need us more then we need them - they'll be begging to offer us a good deal."

Brexiters want out of Single Market, what you talking about?
Original post by Big, Thick Wali
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/race-is-a-social-construct-scientists-argue/

Knock yourself out old man.

I voted remain, but without doubt the remain voters are the most badly behaved sore losers I've ever seen.

Your kidding right? Like you I voted remain and accept that we should get on with leaving but leavers are far worse than sore remainers.

According to most brexit commentators:

1: Brexit has already been a rip roaring success before we've even left- anyone who disagrees is a traitor

2: this is a defining victory of the people against the establishment despite 48 percent voted remain.This issue is now decided for all time. Anyone who disagrees is a traitor

Plus Imagine how bad it would be if the results had been reversed? I think we could have had a minor insurrection on our hands.

I agree seeing people like Eddie Izzard protesting is vomit inducing but it's harmless.
This makes me happy.

You're assuming you're dealing with people open to see what happens. To the true UKIP believer Brexit is already an extraordinary success- we've seen people who voted Out who said they'd be prepared for their kids to go hungry if it meant leaving the EU. It's like talking evolution with Jehovah's witness's,

(I should add I am quite open to and indeed hopeful that the UK will not be impaired by brexit, or even that the UK will do better)
Original post by Big, Thick Wali
This was the assumption I was working under, but if we mock brexiteers as blue collar chavs, we must surely have a good chuckle as the dumb schmucks voting remain who think their *****y mid level management jobs and undergrad degrees from RG's universities mean a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

I voted remain, but I have zero faith in the European government, Juncker is a massive pisshead who struggles to control his emotions on serious issues. For me in the long term there is little difference between brexit and bremain, but in the short term I thought things would be a little better for the poorest people in Europe.

Personal highlight was when Juncker for some reason started harping on about some Wifi vanity project as part of the bloody state of the union speech. He is beyond delusional.*
This makes me happy.

Factually speaking, they do need us to purchase their goods and services more than we need theirs. If they walked away from an FTA, we would make more money from tariffs than them, and we would lose fewer jobs and investment than they would. A lot of this threatening from relatively distant officials, which in essence is a threat to harm themselves, is perfectly understandable, but you shouldn't conflate this with the official position. Common sense prevails.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ckfeister
Brexiters want out of Single Market, what you talking about?

Not all of them do.

And some of those who did want us out of the Single Market wanted us to trade with the EU on similar or more advantageous terms than we already have.
Not all of them do.

And some of those who did want us out of the Single Market wanted us to trade with the EU on similar or more advantageous terms than we already have.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-16/hammond-said-to-be-ready-to-ditch-single-market-access-on-brexit

And...?

That tells me nothing. Other than the pound taking another tumble at the mere whiff of the UK not having access to the single market.
And...?

That tells me nothing. Other than the pound taking another tumble at the mere whiff of the UK not having access to the single market.

Ok, I predict EU about to go for a spin, Trump going to become President and UK/USA will be close as things get tough. While having a short-term recession, enjoy :biggrin:
Ok, I predict EU about to go for a spin, Trump going to become President and UK/USA will be close as things get tough. While having a short-term recession, enjoy :biggrin:

I don't think the EU will keep its current stance on free movement, it would be madness for them to impose that on the UK, who had just voted out with immigration being the main debating issue.

I'm also seeing an increased readiness to exit the single market in the UK and to pay the 2.3% average MFN tariff applied to WTO members. The bargaining position is shifting, threat of no tariff-free trade is no longer an effective bargaining chip. Once the EU gets that message, they will accept that as a non-negotiable term and start to consider the prospect of a free trade agreement by its own merits.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Still bitter, lol, can't accept the result. 'Europe hates you', you are irrelevant around the world.

Oh, no, I am fully embracing the result - I (and our friends in Brussels) am just making you feel the consequence.

Yes because Germany is so important and popular isn't it? Especially with the Greeks, Italians, French and Spanish.

Way more important than you lot for sure :u: The Southerners know that we bailed them out - at least they respect us. You're abandoning the ship that saved them - what do you think that'll make them feel about you, eh?

Oh yeah- you know what all those second language learners are learning? That's right..English- they do it out of necessity for it is the global language of commerce, and science. There's a clue in there- it's why English people don't need to learn European languages, besides maybe Spanish.

Nah, Brits don't learn second languages because they're uneducated, inward-looking nationalists with no interest in (or knowledge of) culture. People in more worldly nations actually speak English and then another language - and that's while they could easily have a good, successful life without any knowledge of English. Do you think a baker in Napels, a banker in Thessaloniki, a shop owner in Berlin or a lawyer in Warsaw need English as it's 'the global language of commerce and science? What a ****ing joke you are. Deluded. Drank the UKIP kool-aid. Missing the times when you lot actually mattered much? Bunch of has-beens. The Liverpool FC of the world.
why don't you get out of this forum and UK university while your at it.

You really think I am currently enrolled at a UK university? You clearly haven't even read my signature. Do you homework and come back when you're prepared, son. Muppet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Someone's angry :wink:

Calm down, it's only a debate forum.
Well if Scotland votes to leave the UK after the Scottish Nationalists promise their voters that Scotland will get to keep its oil and negotiate all sort of great things with the UK government, will we lie down and let them get their way or will we take the view: Scotland, you made your bed, now **** off and deal with it on our terms lol.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Well if Scotland votes to leave the UK after the Scottish Nationalists promise their voters that Scotland will get to keep its oil and negotiate all sort of great things with the UK government, will we lie down and let them get their way or will we take the view: Scotland, you made your bed, now **** off and deal with it on our terms lol.

But the UK is only asking for a free trade agreement, it's not a one-sided thing. Both sides benefit.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
You really think I am currently enrolled at a UK university? You clearly haven't even read my signature. Do you homework and come back when you're prepared, son. Muppet.

London South Bank University, the irony people who talk down UK goes to UK university.
London South Bank University, the irony people who talk down UK goes to UK university.

What can I say, I like central London, with its urbane, pro-European people. Of course that means I can still talk down to you knuckle-dragging, xenophobic (surely also homophobic) nationalists in the rest of the UK who'd never study abroad to broaden their horizon when they actually have better universities at home.
What's the news? This is precisely what they said they'd do before the referendum, and now they're doing it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending