The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Business Studies Official Thread 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BR1999
Hi guys, so for most of us college has started again and those reading this will probably be studying A2 Business Studies. The 2016 thread was made late this year, so i thought I'd make it much sooner .

As a little intduction to those who will be posting on the thread,

How did you do in AS Business Studies?
How are you finding Unit 1, Unit 2 and Unit 3 or Unit 4 so far?
Have you got any questions and do you need any help?

Also if you have any exam material or sample essays, just like i saw on last years i intend to make a database with all the model answers over the next few weeks, so just pm me or post on this thread.

Good luck with A2 Business Studies :wink:

Any idea where I can find the AQA version of this thread? Or will content from your spec be roughly the same? I'd really like to speak to people who do A2 business!
Reply 21
Original post by GeorgeB16
Any idea where I can find the AQA version of this thread? Or will content from your spec be roughly the same? I'd really like to speak to people who do A2 business!

It's pretty much the same 😊
Original post by BR1999
It's pretty much the same 😊

Oh good! I thought most of it would be seen as business is business at the end of the day. I'll use this then to get help and help others :P

I got an A at AS so I'm really annoyed our specs have changed as I've now lost the A and just have to "keep up the good work" :frown:
Hey, how much revision have people done for the AS, i'm really struggling to remember it all.
Original post by Bobby9444
Hey, how much revision have people done for the AS, i'm really struggling to remember it all.

At the start of year 13, I had forgotten nearly all of what I learnt, but as I'm starting to do A2 stuff, it's sort of coming back to me in dribs and drabs. I haven't done any hardcore revision for AS stuff, I will though, soon. It's such a pain that we have to keep going back over LAST YEAR'S stuff as well as this year! If you look at resources I have made for business on TSR, there are LOADS! I keep adding to it too almost every week. I do the AQA spec it's worth pointing out but a lot of it will be relevant because at the end of the day, business is business !

Feel free to message me at any time for any help whatsoever :P
At the start of year 13, I had forgotten nearly all of what I learnt, but as I'm starting to do A2 stuff, it's sort of coming back to me in dribs and drabs. I haven't done any hardcore revision for AS stuff, I will though, soon. It's such a pain that we have to keep going back over LAST YEAR'S stuff as well as this year! If you look at resources I have made for business on TSR, there are LOADS! I keep adding to it too almost every week. I do the AQA spec it's worth pointing out but a lot of it will be relevant because at the end of the day, business is business !

Feel free to message me at any time for any help whatsoever :P

Hi,

Ive sort of started As and im trying to revise a few topics per week, Biology and Chemistry keep taking priority at the moment though. Are you learning business in depth of just the basics because the exam seems like defintions and advantages and disadvantages?
Original post by Bobby9444
Hi,

Ive sort of started As and im trying to revise a few topics per week, Biology and Chemistry keep taking priority at the moment though. Are you learning business in depth of just the basics because the exam seems like defintions and advantages and disadvantages?

I'm more focusing on how to answer essay questions at the moment so I'm learning the basics, because in theory that's all you need in papers 2 and 3, and then expanding on them in sample questions. A lot of A2 stuff is basically AS but built upon so you'll be learning throughout the year in class without realising it.
Reply 27
Does anyone have essay plan structures for 20 markers A2 unit 3? Or any material such as exam papers to practise? Will appreciate tons, cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just out of interest who's doing business at uni and if so which one?
I got a B btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate CPA (critical path analysis) :frown:((( theme 3
Me too I really struggle to draw them! I am doing investment appraisal now which seems better. I dont have a great techer though!
I am hating critical path too! I'm hoping it only comes up as a multiple choice question. I am also setting up a business group chat on WhatsApp if anyone's interested. It's so far only got AQA people but it will still be of use for all exam boards. DM me if you want to be a part so we can grow it!
Original post by igotnomoney
I got B and i was two mark of an A... theme 1 let me down, got C in that and really strong A in paper 2

I was the same!! I got a D in Paper 1, but blame my teacher a little bit.
What ways have people found useful to revise the course? Struggling with revision techniques for business for some reason
Original post by ArtemisMCR
What ways have people found useful to revise the course? Struggling with revision techniques for business for some reason

I find flash cards and mind maps excellent. I have some that I've made on TSR if you go to my profile and see my study resources.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
guys can someone help me with exam structure for business, i know all my content but i always go wrong with exams, any usefull exam tips and revision techniques?
Original post by l.0999
guys can someone help me with exam structure for business, i know all my content but i always go wrong with exams, any usefull exam tips and revision techniques?

Do you mean how the exam itself is structured or how to answer extended questions?
Reply 37
Do you mean how the exam itself is structured or how to answer extended questions?

Answer extended questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38

extended questions
Original post by l.0999
extended questions

Definition / brief explanation.

Analysis: This leads to, as a result, bla bla bla and so on until you can't do it anymore.

Evaluate: Consider both sides, look at pros and cons of each. Make a justified decision and give reasons. If cannot give reasons, say it depends and explain what it depends on.

Hope this helps. I know it's brief but I'm in a rush as I have work lol. DM me if you have any business worries or want to come into the whatsapp chat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending