The Student Room Group

It is weird to be spiritual and reject all earthly vulgar pursuits?

I mean, I'm definitely not asexual, I have desires quite strongly. And I have no problem with masturbation, even phone sex.

But I'm quite puritannical. I see excess, decadence in a world of poverty and all and I don't like it. Middle class kids taking drugs and going on about it, adultery, sex talk, and the general vapidity and soullessness of the world.

I suppose why it seems weird is my looks aren't bad and if I put the personality effort in, I could have some of that. It's weird because my natural desires are strong.

But I just find it all grubby. I live an extremely detached, more spiritual life. Weird?
I don't have sex, not that that is all through choice but I know women are fickle and untrustworthy, and that is part of the mentality-

I see the tawdriness, baseness and vulgarity of it. I also see something untrustworthy about women, especially, know this sounds weird, but my own ethnicity of women, white women, and my class of women, who I 'should' be with. They are the worst in terms of morals and shallowness, it's western white culture.

And this bit is even weirder- I'm even happier at the thought of being gay or thought of as gay, just to rsie above the whole tawdry thing I have disgust for , all the base sexual competition, what women are like, them having emotional power over me. Most of all them having power over me is what I hate.

Is it really weird for a naturally heterosexual male to actually not mind people thinking your gay or even wanting to be in some way, because I see liberation from womens power that way, and getting out of something that mildly disgusts me.

Am I misogynist?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Conceited
Woah

What? Who repped me and why..?
Take off your hair shirt, lighten up, get laid. You won't regret it.
Reply 3
Original post by Quantex
Take off your hair shirt, lighten up, get laid. You won't regret it.

Well I'm a decent age, I have done before. Not to suggest I'm good at getting it.

I've even paid for it a few times.

I've only ever had decent sex once, and she was black. I know, it's the old thing but true. Weirdly I also feel more comfortable personality wise with such women.

Like I say, something devious voracious, sentimentally fake and nasty about white women...they are worse and don't trust them at all.
Let me let you in to a little secret, all men know what you're saying is true and is how they feel deep down, but some people just give into peer pressure easier than others. It's become a social norm that you need to get ****ed up every weekend, not because you want to, but because that's what everyone else is doing and that's the only way you become popular. Men are expected to treat all women like Godesses, and most do, even though we all know that most woman have no skills apart from making their holes available / not available. Women have life on easy mode, that's the truth that we all know, except most people ignore that and simply do what everyone else is doing. It's a great shame really. We as individuals can't do anything about it.
Reply 5
Oh, and I don't acquire it as easily as you suggest
Original post by Anonymous
I mean, I'm definitely not asexual, I have desires quite strongly. And I have no problem with masturbation, even phone sex.

But I'm quite puritannical. I see excess, decadence in a world of poverty and all and I don't like it. Middle class kids taking drugs and going on about it, adultery, sex talk, and the general vapidity and soullessness of the world.

I suppose why it seems weird is my looks aren't bad and if I put the personality effort in, I could have some of that. It's weird because my natural desires are strong.

But I just find it all grubby. I live an extremely detached, more spiritual life. Weird?
I don't have sex, not that that is all through choice but I know women are fickle and untrustworthy, and that is part of the mentality-

I see the tawdriness, baseness and vulgarity of it. I also see something untrustworthy about women, especially, know this sounds weird, but my own ethnicity of women, white women, and my class of women, who I 'should' be with. They are the worst in terms of morals and shallowness, it's western white culture.

And this bit is even weirder- I'm even happier at the thought of being gay or thought of as gay, just to rsie above the whole tawdry thing I have disgust for , all the base sexual competition, what women are like, them having emotional power over me. Most of all them having power over me is what I hate.

Is it really weird for a naturally heterosexual male to actually not mind people thinking your gay or even wanting to be in some way, because I see liberation from womens power that way, and getting out of something that mildly disgusts me.

Am I misogynist?

Yeah you're misogynistic unfortunately, it's a shame though, if you erase all those thoughts about not wanting women to have power over you etc etc, you'd be a pretty cool guy- unmotivated by sex and vulgarity.
Your reasoning is a little weird, and yep, there's some misogyny in there.

But have you considered that you may not be heterosexual?

Also it is flawed to think that all white women are a certain way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Let me let you in to a little secret, all men know what you're saying is true and is how they feel deep down, but some people just give into peer pressure easier than others. It's become a social norm that you need to get ****ed up every weekend, not because you want to, but because that's what everyone else is doing and that's the only way you become popular. Men are expected to treat all women like Godesses, and most do, even though we all know that most woman have no skills apart from making their holes available / not available. Women have life on easy mode, that's the truth that we all know, except most people ignore that and simply do what everyone else is doing. It's a great shame really. We as individuals can't do anything about it.

Really interesting. Even about the power of you thing?

And I think the white thing is just me...it's something about that particular kind of 'sensitivity' and cloying emotiveness that is more prevalent in them, and more devious, and the way they put more on it, and how evil and sly they are, that is so uncomfortable, they are more objectifying, and morbidly interested in power dynamics, rep, track record, cock size etc
Reply 9
Original post by Athena64
Your reasoning is a little weird, and yep, there's some misogyny in there.

But have you considered that you may not be heterosexual?

Also it is flawed to think that all white women are a certain way.

I've tried with a guy but only because of my monumental issues with women, discomfort and need for them not to have power.
Let me let you in to a little secret, all men know what you're saying is true and is how they feel deep down.

Do they balls.
need for them not to have power.

Yeah you're sexist.
Well I'm a decent age, I have done before. Not to suggest I'm good at getting it.

I've even paid for it a few times.

I've only ever had decent sex once, and she was black. I know, it's the old thing but true. Weirdly I also feel more comfortable personality wise with such women.

Like I say, something devious voracious, sentimentally fake and nasty about white women...they are worse and don't trust them at all.

Love how you're criticising women's morals and gloating at how holy you are and you've just said 'i've even paid for it [sex] a few times'.
Come on man ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I guess it would depend on the breed of spirituality you subscribe to because I would also consider myself very spiritual but I don't see any of the things you listed as vulgar and soulless.
When you can't tell if someone is trolling or not , good effort ^
Original post by LillyB14
Love how you're criticising women's morals and gloating at how holy you are and you've just said 'i've even paid for it [sex] a few times'.
Come on man ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't actually trying to gloat, I don't see it's a good thing - I was articulating my problem and query.
I know women are fickle and untrustworthy, and that is part of the mentality-

I also see something untrustworthy about women, especially, know this sounds weird, but my own ethnicity of women, white women, and my class of women, who I 'should' be with. They are the worst in terms of morals and shallowness, it's western white culture.

Am I misogynist?

Yes. Yes you are.
Reply 17
Yes, you're a misogynist..

Spoiler

Sex is so spiritual though
I wasn't actually trying to gloat, I don't see it's a good thing - I was articulating my problem and query.

What problem? Don't like sex, don't have it. Don't like women, stay away from women. Like sex but don't like women, don't have sex with women. Don't like white women, stay away from white women.
Problem solved.
Just don't become a serial killer k

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending