The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hamza772000
Oh we're gonna do FP1 later on in the year currently we're doing S1 and C1, are you doing C1 aswell?

we started with C1 but then jumped to C2, we're not really doing single maths by module but more by topic :smile: we've just finished sequences and will be doing proofs next lesson
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
we started with C1 but then jumped to C2, we're not really doing single maths by module but more by topic :smile: we've just finished sequences and will be doing proofs next lesson
damn u guys are going fast! We had a look at like one question of proof :tongue: but obviously my teacher has to make sure all students understand so he has to move at a certain pace :smile:
Reply 862
Well, I never thought I'd have quite this much work 2 weeks in! Enjoying it though. Finally got to know a couple of people in my health and social care classes, and the teachers are starting to learn my names!! Better than ever before!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Introduce yourself
- What are your hobbies and interests?
- What subjects are you planning to take?
- Your favourite subject(s)?
- Your ideal future occupation?

Hello everyone! I'm Banana :wavey:

I love reading and I adore History, so books on History are pretty much the best things ever, according to me! I also used to play the piano and do Ballroom and Latin American dancing but I've stopped these now to focus on my A Levels. :teeth:

I'm taking History, Politics, French and Latin for A Level. I love them all but my favourite subject is History.

My ideal future occupation is to join the British Army as an Officer and then perhaps go into Politics?

Best wishes to everyone with their A Levels!
Banana :h::h:

@ColossalAtom, thank you for making this thread. I'm also a probable Cambridge applicant. :p::teeth:
Reply 864
How do you ask questions/start new posts on the TSR app???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Introduce yourself
Hi I'm Rachel, I don't have a specific hobby but I sing and play the guitar though I mostly spend my time time obsessing over stupid stuff like TV shows and movies.

General obsessions include:
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The Rocky Horror Show
AVPM
X-men
Seinfeld

I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and computer science (I'm a total nerd)

My favorite subject is computer science, coincidentally I want to be a computer scientist.

Excited to have started my A-levels, hope everyone else is too! :thumbsup:
Original post by J0333
I'm Joe! I'm into acting, and like to do that in my spare time! I'm studying geography, media and English Lang & Lit A levels! I wanna start using this app more often as I'm starting to struggle already with the gcse to a level jump! Hoping to make some friends on here maybe?😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

The GCSE/A-Level jump has been my least favourite thing! I'm already drowning in work!! What's English lit like? I was intending to take it but then decided not to haha
Original post by marwick7
Introduce yourself
Hi I'm Rachel, I don't have a specific hobby but I sing and play the guitar though I mostly spend my time time obsessing over stupid stuff like TV shows and movies.

General obsessions include:
The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The Rocky Horror Show
AVPM
X-men
Seinfeld

I'm taking maths, further maths, physics and computer science (I'm a total nerd)

My favorite subject is computer science, coincidentally I want to be a computer scientist.

Excited to have started my A-levels, hope everyone else is too! :thumbsup:

Finally another person wants to be a computer scientist :smile:
Original post by mayacarswell
Hey does anyone know if there are whatsapp groups for chemistry, pure maths and biology? I'd like to talk to some people and get some revision done too!

Heyyy I'm doing biology and chemistry!!!!pm me??
Original post by cherryblossoming
What are your hobbies and interests?

I love reading (in particular classics. Anyone want to talk about The Catcher in the Rye with me?) Also am learning the French language because I really like it :tongue: BBC's Sherlock is what I practically live for. Noticed someone mention COD so just going to throw in that I play it but I'm not the best tbh :colondollar:

What subjects are you planning to take?

English lit, Maths, History, French. (What can I say, I'm a humanities kinda gal)

Your favourite subject(s)?

English lit and French

Your ideal future occupation?

Lawyer :biggrin: (Not a barrister though, I prefer the office life so corporate or something along those lines)

Also wanted to throw in that I'm going St Doms so if anyone is also going and wants to say hi please do :h:

OMG same!! I wanna do law and I want to be a solicitor which means doing the office work
Loving chemistry not struggling doing homework great ,then u have my teacher who says I'm slow ridiculous homework and concerned 😭😡😓 so upset wat if he kicks me out of the course?!?!?
I was wondering that too ... I don't get it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kw9
How do you ask questions/start new posts on the TSR app???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was wondering that too ... I don't get It at all...
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Where do you volunteer? (:

Cool! My friend is taking Graphics and is really enjoying it. :h: Good luck! I'm taking S1 and S2 so we could buddy up every now and then. :biggrin:

It's been pretty good so far but I get sooo much homework. :lol: Out of 19 lessons, I got 16 pieces of homework this week. :mmm:

I volunteer at oxfam twice a week, just 8 hours a week now and I volunteer at my church cafe on Sunday mornings. Sometimes I volunteer in statistics for sports competitions :smile:

Ohh really? What's your friend doing for coursework? I am going to focus around Illustration and Print design. One thing I like about Graphics is the research we have to do.

Sure :h: Have you already started any statistics work? atm we are going through the probability laws in lessons.

That's a lot of homework! I think I've had ten pieces of homework so far. At my sixthform our teacher highlights some pages we should go over when we get home.
Introduce yourself
Hi I'm Kane from the West Midlands. I just turned 17

I like being both outside and online idk. Ive always liked maths but I'm also quite into keeping healthy and staying active.

GCSE's

English Lit - A
English Language - A
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A^
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
Spanish - A
Geography - A*
Citizenship - A
ICT - A
ECDL ICT - Distinction* (A*)
(AS Geography) - A

Biology. Chemistry. Maths and Health and Social Care

I loved geography at GCSE and AS but now it has to be chemistry.

Something in the medical profession as I already go to a heath focussed school. Dentistry is my top choice but something in biomedicine or forensic anthropology also seems interesting.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or similar interests/career aspirations :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kaneeeharrisss
Introduce yourself
Hi I'm Kane from the West Midlands. I just turned 17

I like being both outside and online idk. Ive always liked maths but I'myu also quite into keeping healthy and staying active.

GCSE's

English Lit - A
English Language - A
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A^
Biology - A*
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A*
Spanish - A
Geography - A*
Citizenship - A
ICT - A
ECDL ICT - Distinction* (A*)
(AS Geography) - A

Biology. Chemistry. Maths and Health and Social Care

I loved geography at GCSE and AS but now it has to be chemistry.

Something in the medical profession as I already go to a heath focussed school. Dentistry is my top choice but something in biomedicine or forensic anthropology also seems interesting.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or similar interests/career aspirations :tongue:

Omg you you've done AS geography so early!! Well done for your exams as well btw, those grades are amazing!!
Original post by skhan99
Loving chemistry not struggling doing homework great ,then u have my teacher who says I'm slow ridiculous homework and concerned 😭😡😓 so upset wat if he kicks me out of the course?!?!?

I'm actually finding Chemistry really easy. But then again, my teacher says that "you don't know what hell is ahead of you".
Reply 877
😭😭😭😭😭😭😩😩😩😩😩😩 basically sums me up now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fractite
I'm actually finding Chemistry really easy. But then again, my teacher says that "you don't know what hell is ahead of you".

I know!but man I wish he'll be easyJet me
- Introduce yourself
My name is Mr. L and i'm 16, one of the younger ones in my year. 25th August 2000 is my date of birth. I'll say no more.- What are your hobbies and interests?
I enjoy to do brazillian ju jitsu and boxing, I love that a lot.- What subjects are you planning to take?
I AM taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Economics for my AS I hate it- Your favourite subject(s)?
Maths of course- Your ideal future occupation?
Really want to become Dr. L by studying medicine

Latest