The Student Room Group

I want to apply for both medicine and pharmacy but

should I make my personal statement about just one course and will making my personal statement about one course (i.e medicine) reduce my chances of getting a place in pharmacy?
Definitely stick to one course, and if you're applying for both focus your PS on medicine. Worst comes to worst, you're much more likely to find pharmacy courses in clearing than medicine ones.
Original post by jx2016
should I make my personal statement about just one course and will making my personal statement about one course (i.e medicine) reduce my chances of getting a place in pharmacy?

Hello!

Yes, just write about your Medicine course. Many students apply for both Medicine and Pharmacy, and focus there PS on just Med, so it's definitely the done thing.

Plus, you are probably only applying to Pharmacy as your 5th choice? It makes sense to tailor your PS to your other 4 university course choices :smile:

Good luck with writing it!

The Medic Portal
Reply 3
Apply to the 4 med schools with a medicine personal statement, after a week or so make a pharmacy personal statement and send it to your 5th choice course saying youve changed your mind about your career path and want to apply to them with this new personal statement.
I did exactly the same thing, applied to 4 med schools and fifth choice as UCL for pharmacy.
I made my ps medicine orientated and called up UCL if they'd reject me cos of it. They said that they want a separate pharmacy based ps emailed in at the same time as submitting the ucas application. So just make sure you call the pharmacy uni you're interested in as not all of them require a separate ps.
Hope this helps
Goodluck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beansontoast92
I did exactly the same thing, applied to 4 med schools and fifth choice as UCL for pharmacy.
I made my ps medicine orientated and called up UCL if they'd reject me cos of it. They said that they want a separate pharmacy based ps emailed in at the same time as submitting the ucas application. So just make sure you call the pharmacy uni you're interested in as not all of them require a separate ps.
Hope this helps
Goodluck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi just wondering, have you heard back yet?
Original post by Zahid~
Apply to the 4 med schools with a medicine personal statement, after a week or so make a pharmacy personal statement and send it to your 5th choice course saying youve changed your mind about your career path and want to apply to them with this new personal statement.

It is a good idea to write a medical PS and then send a second statement directly to the course director of the pharmacy courses you applied to with a covering note . I would hope they'd appreciate your effort and initiative in doing this.

It is a very bad idea to lie about having changed your mind about your career path.
Original post by Randomer98
Hi just wondering, have you heard back yet?

I applied a few years ago lol, but anyways check your inbox, I've replied to your pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending