The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

I got Band 4 in my situational judgement. Do i still have hope? should i still consider applying?
Original post by Roman hang Limbu
I got Band 4 in my situational judgement. Do i still have hope? should i still consider applying?

Yeah, while I was researching I remembered seeing unis that don't really care about sj. However, I don't remember their names aha, so I suggest do your research and definitely apply if your total ukcat score is good :smile:)
Original post by ASTK98
Just did the VR mini mock and got 630. That section is going to kill me in the exam itself, but I've done all I can I guess. Gonna take the day off tomorrow and hope for the best on Thursday.

Good luck to anyone doing their exam tomorrow.

I got 670 in the mini mock VR but then got 630 in mock 2😭 so frustrating isn't it. Best of luck for Thursday😋 I'm hoping AR drags up my score but I'm still awful at it lmao, what scores do you normally get for AR?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
I got 670 in the mini mock VR but then got 630 in mock 2😭 so frustrating isn't it. Best of luck for Thursday😋 I'm hoping AR drags up my score but I'm still awful at it lmao, what scores do you normally get for AR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My AR scores are very inconsistent. They've ranged between 530 and 730 look. Generally around mid 600 though.

Thanks, you too! It's almost over 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
My AR scores are very inconsistent. They've ranged between 530 and 730 look. Generally around mid 600 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg same here! I think we should come out with a very similar score then! (and hopefully it will be a good one) 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Squishy•
That is incredibly unrealistic, there is no point applying if they have so little chance of getting In. Whether you know people applying with ukcat of -120 or whagever it doesn't make a difference because who says they're even going to get looked at?
Apply strategically so that you get offers is the smartest thing to do rather than say "you know what? I don't care I'm applying!" And the just getting a rejection and a wasted application space

Bmat is easier to prepare for, doing three weeks after school is fine; not ideal though.

It really isn't that easy. I guess it depends on the individual.

I am saying because she doesn't want to leave Scotland, she may aswell fill in her choices instead of leaving them blank and not using all 4! Better to be hopeful and use what you have.
Original post by Nuba123
Yeah, I know right - it's so overwhelming. A part of me can't wait to catch up - is that weird lool. And I've filled out a lot of my UCAS but probably going to change my choices a bit. Also, are you applying for a 5th option or are you just applying for 4 medical schools? Btw I still need to write a proper personal statement... XD And yeah, I just don't have the energy for the BMAT plus I don't think I want to go to the unis that use it - tbqh I don't really see someone like ME going to oxbridge XD - I'd be so out of place with my thick Scottish accent. But it's important that at the very least I'm in the same country as my family - I'd be too scared to travel THAT far away. I plan on going home atleast once a month for a weekend so that would be too much for me. Plus I know that Edinburgh have alcohol free accommodation because in the past students have been found dead. So THAT really appeals to me - the no alcohol thing. :/

Whoah my application gets sent off next week... Lucky you!

I am sure you would be unique at Oxbridge haha. Your Scottish accent and 1st class degree from a great uni would be what you deserve :smile:

I love my family but to mee once a month on a weekend is a fair bit. I would come back maybe every holiday period (October, December, April, Summer). Don't have much problem being away but I do still love them very much <3

Oh wow! I never knew that for Edinburgh!!! If I lived away from home I would probs end up getting a house or something and living with some friends (either new ones or existing ones if they got in).

I am applying for a 5th because I don't really want to do Medicine that much to apply again. ESPECIALLY NOT THE UKCAT! -_-

But don't get me wrong, if you feel you could do well in BMAT and can leave home, go for it. Otherwise I would say it's going to be pretty hard to balance with school
Original post by ASTK98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by michaela__
Omg same here! I think we should come out with a very similar score then! (and hopefully it will be a good one) 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. Would really love for you guys to get your target scores! I feel like I am improving but don't want to jinx it!

Patterns like blocks tend to be adding or forming a shape etc.

Just keep going, you both are almost across the finishing line!!!!
Original post by .......Jeff458
Yeah. Would really love for you guys to get your target scores! I feel like I am improving but don't want to jinx it!

Patterns like blocks tend to be adding or forming a shape etc.

Just keep going, you both are almost across the finishing line!!!!

Aw thank you so much! I'm sure you are improving! I think it becomes easier to look for patterns after a while obvs not for every set, but you have an idea of what stands out the more you practice. I say this and I wouldn't be surprised if AR messed me over and I got 550 lol 😂 I think for all 3 of us whatever score we get in AR will be a surprise 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi. Just wanted to know what score people usually get while practising VR on Medify with the 40 questions setting. I can't seem to ever get more than 24 which is quite frustrating >.< Also, are the official UKCAT VR practice questions a representation of the real thing?
Original post by lidiaislam13
Hi. Just wanted to know what score people usually get while practising VR on Medify with the 40 questions setting. I can't seem to ever get more than 24 which is quite frustrating >.< Also, are the official UKCAT VR practice questions a representation of the real thing?

I got around the same in medify as well. The official UKCAT VR is actually a bit easier compared to the original test cause the texts are a bit longer and some of the t/f/ct questions arent as straight forward in the real test.
Original post by lidiaislam13

Damn should have used medify to revise for UKCAT. Everyone seems to use it and do well. I used free sources online and 1000 ukcat book to revise and did absolute horse sh•t.
Hi everyone, I just did my UKCAT today.

600-VR (was getting 700+ in the medify mocks and even got 770 in one of them so be careful as the real exam is a lot harder for VR)
680-AR
850-QR (LOL I have NO idea how I got this but it's dragged my score up a lot!!
SJ-Band 2 (was getting band 1 in all medify mocks but there are a lot less questions per scenario in the real thing and so there are a lot more scenarios to read and less time to answer questions!)

Total=2130
Average=710!

Good luck to all.
Original post by Zaydy3
Hi everyone, I just did my UKCAT today.

600-VR (was getting 700+ in the medify mocks and even got 770 in one of them so be careful as the real exam is a lot harder for VR)
680-AR
850-QR (LOL I have NO idea how I got this but it's dragged my score up a lot!!
SJ-Band 2 (was getting band 1 in all medify mocks but there are a lot less questions per scenario in the real thing and so there are a lot more scenarios to read and less time to answer questions!)

Total=2130
Average=710!

Good luck to all.

Well done! Any advice for VR? Also what were you getting in medify mocks and official UKCAT for QR? Thank you 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
I meant to say for AS, perhaps they did A-levels in one year?

Yeah, probably something like that - but I'm not entirely sure. I should've asked lol
Original post by .......Jeff458
Whoah my application gets sent off next week... Lucky you!

I am sure you would be unique at Oxbridge haha. Your Scottish accent and 1st class degree from a great uni would be what you deserve :smile:

I love my family but to mee once a month on a weekend is a fair bit. I would come back maybe every holiday period (October, December, April, Summer). Don't have much problem being away but I do still love them very much <3

Oh wow! I never knew that for Edinburgh!!! If I lived away from home I would probs end up getting a house or something and living with some friends (either new ones or existing ones if they got in).

I am applying for a 5th because I don't really want to do Medicine that much to apply again. ESPECIALLY NOT THE UKCAT! -_-

But don't get me wrong, if you feel you could do well in BMAT and can leave home, go for it. Otherwise I would say it's going to be pretty hard to balance with school

I would certainly be "unique" at Oxbridge lmao. And yeah maybe once a month is unrealistic... But what are you thinking for your fifth option I'm thinking of anatomy or neuroscience not sure though...XD
Reply 5256
If you have good grades, good ukcat score and good personal statement, then you should be fine and be receiving interview/s.
Reply 5257
BMAT is for universities like Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Brighton......
worth considering :smile:
Reply 5258
just interested, what are your predicted grades. mine is A*AA maths bio chem
Reply 5259
what are the major medical issues right now??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending