The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

What are my chances of being made an offer by Imperial?

Intended course: Aeronautics

Official predicted A2: A*(maths, achieved), A*(physics), A(further maths).

+AS: C(accounting).

GCSEs:3A*,3A,3B

Extracurriculars: UK Space design competition finalist (partially hosted by imperial college). 2 week work experience at a small electronics company, participated in the improvement of a car charger product, patentedm. Logged 10 hours flight training. Invented a Lego alternative that builds on all 3 axes (patent pending). Expert sketchup user, I'm a founding member of an online sketchup community (that has recently kind of died down).

What are my chances in percentage given the average applicant has ~15%?
(edited 7 years ago)
Match this up with the entry requirements and you can work it out yourself.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by alleycat393
Match this up with the entry requirements and you can work it out yourself.

The entry requirements literally means nothing. I mean taking into account the profiles of my competitors if anyone knows about it.
Reply 3
Take this with a pinch of salt as I applied for Computing and not Aeronautics but if you manage to write up all that extracurricular stuff into a good personal statement and do well on your interview then I'd say your chances are pretty good.

I had only done a week of computing work experience, just over a month of an online compsci course and thought my interview was pretty shabby but still managed to get a fairly lenient (by Imperial's standards) offer of A*A*A. From looking at my copy of the prospectus, Computing is also slightly more competitive that Aeronautics so if you're not exaggerating your enthusiasm in your extracurricular stuff you should be good.

The only part they might be concerned about is the predicted grade for Further Maths but frankly you still meet their entry requirements so it shouldn't really matter.
Original post by QuantumPotato
The entry requirements literally means nothing. I mean taking into account the profiles of my competitors if anyone knows about it.

I disagree. Yes competition plays a role but that's not something you can predict or control and I wouldn't risk not applying based on potential competition if you meet the entry requirements. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending