The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Do you even <snip> bro?

I don't. I'm sceptical of sites like that, but I hear good things. Will it infect my mac, or is it just ad based?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Wavefunction
I don't. I'm sceptical of sites like that, but I hear good things. Will it infect my mac, or is it just ad based?

As long as you have ad block and a decent anti virus you'll be fine. Tbh now I have a decent sized hard drive if i want to watch a few episodes of a show i'll just torrent it, that usually takes less time to download than waiting for a stream to buffer.

Gonna have to request that people don't post any links on here, sorry chaps. We all know everyone streams content in this day and age but please don't link to specific websites in the open, take it to PM's.
Original post by swirly
Best website to watch scrubs online?

I usually use Netflix/ 123 movies as between them they tend to have everything, but alas scrubs eludes them.

Also what happened to generation defining sitcoms. Everyone used to watch Friends, then Scrubs, then HIMYM, but then there just seems to be a gap. You could argue The Big Bang Theory, but that's garbage after the first few seasons. Maybe New Girl, but it has a small following compared to the likes of Friends etc.

Agree with you on Friends, but were Scrubs or HIMYM "generation defining" though?

It used to take forever before something new in the US would air in the UK. I don't remember anyone I went to school with watching Scrubs, we used to watch it on Sky One but it was really far behind the US and ofc streams/social media didn't exist back then. I only really started watching it because Sky One was GOAT in those days!

HIMYM was on E4 but again it was always really far behind the US. I'd argue The Inbetweeners was more "generation defining" in the UK because literally everyone aged 16-30 watched it.
Original post by sr90
As long as you have ad block and a decent anti virus you'll be fine. Tbh now I have a decent sized hard drive if i want to watch a few episodes of a show i'll just torrent it, that usually takes less time to download than waiting for a stream to buffer.

Gonna have to request that people don't post any links on here, sorry chaps. We all know everyone streams content in this day and age but please don't link to specific websites in the open, take it to PM's.

Cheers.

What about links to more kosher websites?
I'd put The Office, both UK and U.S., as well as The Inbetweeners as more generation defining than any others mentioned, aside from Friends.

What about links to more kosher websites?

123 movies
I'd put The Office, both UK and U.S., as well as The Inbetweeners as more generation defining than any others mentioned, aside from Friends.

Absolutely love the US Office. The only American remake of a British show that's any good.

Remember when they tried to remake the Inbetweeners? :colondollar: Utter ****

Original post by sr90
Agree with you on Friends, but were Scrubs or HIMYM "generation defining" though?

It used to take forever before something new in the US would air in the UK. I don't remember anyone I went to school with watching Scrubs, we used to watch it on Sky One but it was really far behind the US and ofc streams/social media didn't exist back then. I only really started watching it because Sky One was GOAT in those days!

HIMYM was on E4 but again it was always really far behind the US. I'd argue The Inbetweeners was more "generation defining" in the UK because literally everyone aged 16-30 watched it.

Think you're a few years older than me, but everyone at school/ sixth form used to talk about them. scrubs was on e4 at that stage.

Do people still watch Eastenders these days? Used to be GOAT.
Original post by swirly
123 movies

Naughty

Original post by sr90
Absolutely love the US Office. The only American remake of a British show that's any good.

Remember when they tried to remake the Inbetweeners? :colondollar: Utter ****

With the office they made a good decision to go in a different direction with the comedy. If they'd gone for the dry, cringe comedy of the British version then it would've failed. Whilst it was still a "laughing at you, not with you" it wasn't anywhere near the levels of the original. They nailed it.

Yeah, painfully bad. I only watched one episode just to confirm how bad it was. Worse than I imagined.
Reply 8889
Stopped watching Eastenders when Max got run over by his daughter. Swear he got buried alive before that by his ex. Rough family.

@The Wavefunction See site i mentioned to swirly. GOAT.
Original post by Rk2k14
Stopped watching Eastenders when Max got run over by his daughter. Swear he got buried alive before that by his ex. Rough family.

Will do. Is parks and rec on there?
Original post by Rk2k14

mine is better

Will do. Is parks and rec on there?

its on my website. HD and Subtitles. Still can't believe Michelle Obama was in it :rofl:
Original post by swirly
Think you're a few years older than me, but everyone at school/ sixth form used to talk about them. scrubs was on e4 at that stage.

Do people still watch Eastenders these days? Used to be GOAT.

Yeh it was one of the shows that only got popular over here years later. I was 18 when it ended and by that stage everyone was watching it. E4 was quality around that time tbh. You had the US dramas like HIMYM, Friends, BBT (before it went ****) and Scrubs then the UK shows like the IT Crowd, Inbetweeners, Peep Show.

Proud to say i've never watched EastEnders :tongue:
Why is Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie getting a divorce big news? People get divorced all the time. Who cares.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Why is Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie getting a divorce big news? People get divorced all the time. Who cares.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Will never understand why people obsess over celebrities personal lives. Fair enough if you like their work as an actor/actress but who cares what they do in what should be their private life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Will never understand why people obsess over celebrities personal lives. Fair enough if you like their work as an actor/actress but who cares what they do in what should be their private life?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. It's the same with football tbh, it's the sport I'm interested in;not the footballers. I don't care which girls they're seeing or what care they're driving, just about their football.
@Kim-Jong-Illest thoughts on Rumena Begum?

Sugar and spice for dayssssss
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Don't you badmouth anime

Why did naruto have to end yo

what's your favourite atm
Original post by sr90
Yeh it was one of the shows that only got popular over here years later. I was 18 when it ended and by that stage everyone was watching it. E4 was quality around that time tbh. You had the US dramas like HIMYM, Friends, BBT (before it went ****) and Scrubs then the UK shows like the IT Crowd, Inbetweeners, Peep Show.

Proud to say i've never watched EastEnders :tongue:

Never watch Eastenders either. I remember One Tree Hill being huge when I was at the end of secondary/college and with regards to Sky One, I remember Dream Team being popular until the story lines going more and more crazy, i.e Don Barker blowing up the Harchester Team bus,
Original post by trapking
Why did naruto have to end yo

what's your favourite atm

Currently watching Shirobako

Not really a fan of Naruto, DBZ and the like

Latest