The Student Room Group

Resitting Year 12 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

]I Need help too. For my GCSE's I got 1B and 5C's which isn't that good because I wanted to do biology chemistry maths and health and social care in sixth form. But both maths and science I ended up with a C grade which is appalling to me. Do you think I should repeat year 11 and apply to sixth form in September 2016? For now I'm resiting some of my GCSE's at this private school. Also was only 3 marks of a C grade in Spanish do you think I should get it remarked or not!

Hey, I'm currently in a similar situation so i was wondering what happened. Did you get to d biology, chemistry and maths?
Reply 41
Hey guys, quick question. On your UCAS personal statement, how did you tell the universities that you were/had resat year 12???
Reply 42
Original post by GACACIA
Hey guys, quick question. On your UCAS personal statement, how did you tell the universities that you were/had resat year 12???

flat out in my personal statement. I'm applying this year and i put a paragraph on how it was a good thing for me to do. I feel like if we dropped we're gonna have to explain it a bit. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 43
ahh thank you, I'm thinking of only writing a few sentences for it though, do you think that's okay, and in your UCAS application did you put the AS grades you got in your first year 12 try or your resat year 12??
Reply 44
Original post by GACACIA
ahh thank you, I'm thinking of only writing a few sentences for it though, do you think that's okay, and in your UCAS application did you put the AS grades you got in your first year 12 try or your resat year 12??

yeah a couple sentences should be fine :smile: im not bothering with my grades because you have to put them on your UCAS form in the grades section anyway.
Hey everyone I know this thread is old now but I'm repeating year 12 too and I may be looking in the wrong places but I can't find much in terms of advice about it online. How did everyone cope with their friends leaving? My friend and I wanted to go to the same university and it's hard to still hear him talk about his excitement for uni now since it's all changed. I'm not great at making friends either, but luckily know at least 5 other people redoing a year so that's good. :smile: Hope everything turns out better for those retaking too! :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by Uyirpeariel
Hey everyone I know this thread is old now but I'm repeating year 12 too and I may be looking in the wrong places but I can't find much in terms of advice about it online. How did everyone cope with their friends leaving? My friend and I wanted to go to the same university and it's hard to still hear him talk about his excitement for uni now since it's all changed. I'm not great at making friends either, but luckily know at least 5 other people redoing a year so that's good. :smile: Hope everything turns out better for those retaking too! :smile:

Heya! Sorry this is a late reply, UCAS and coursework has kept me busy! I found retaking the year to be quite hard but at the same time i'm really glad that i did it. Its so hard when your friends leave to uni and you have to stay another year, that really was the worst part and i'm not going to lie to you. But, i have met people in my (now current) year who are amazing :biggrin: I'm actually so glad that i met them. If you realllllly want to go to Uni its worth resitting because your fight will make you do better. Your old friends wont stop being your friends (I'm going to visit some of mine this half term at their unis :biggrin: ) Overall, id only recommend re Sitting if you really believe you can do better and want to do it for a reason whether that be to just be better or to get to Uni because if you don't have a goal, that's when most people give up when it gets hard. Hope this helps!!

Quick Reply

Latest