The Student Room Group

Why does a woman who slept a lot considered promiscious but a guy successful?.

It's unfair.
And I am saying that as a guy.
That if we slept with many women we are considered successful in bed , but a woman who slept is looked down upon.
Original post by emperorsalty
It's unfair.
That if we slept with many women we are considered successful in bed , but a woman who slept is looked down upon.

I've heard this question a lot.
I think that when future historians will think about our period in history, they will think about this question.
Most men have to put in a lot of effort and work to get laid. People admire hard work and success.
Reply 3
Original post by EricPiphany
I've heard this question a lot.
I think that when future historians will think about our period in history, they will think about this question.

No seriously.
They ( women) want to enjoy as well, not just us.
Double standards, brah.
Reply 5
Because the world is full of double standards. Why are women much more likely to get away with rape? There are plenty of double standards for both genders. I'm not saying that it's OK, I'm just saying that it's how things are and will continue to be for at least a few more decades.
Misogyny.

Original post by adil_
Because the world is full of double standards. Why are women much more likely to get away with rape? There are plenty of double standards for both genders. I'm not saying that it's OK, I'm just saying that it's how things are and will continue to be for at least a few more decades.

Women aren't more likely to "get away with" rape. Using this as an example is almost like you're describing that as an advantage that women have. NOBODY should get away with rape. Women don't want other women to get away with it.

Men and women are forced into gender boxes of women = weak and men = strong so people generally refuse to believe that women are capable of rape and that a man could possibly allow it to happen.

Edit I saw you say you don't think it's okay and I understand. I think you just picked a poor comparison, sorry for my forthright post.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by PandaCalavera
Misogyny.

Women aren't more likely to "get away with" rape. Using this as an example is almost like you're describing that as an advantage that women have. NOBODY should get away with rape. Women don't want other women to get away with it.

Men and women are forced into gender boxes of women = weak and men = strong so people generally refuse to believe that women are capable of rape and that a man could possibly allow it to happen.

Edit I saw you say you don't think it's okay and I understand. I think you just picked a poor comparison, sorry for my forthright post.

I was trying to think of a double standard with shock value to help illustrate my point
It's almost like people look for different things in their friends to their romantic/sexual partners :rolleyes:
Attachment not found
It's unfair.

why would "a woman who sleeps a lot" be considered promiscuous?? :smile:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by adil_
I was trying to think of a double standard with shock value to help illustrate my point

I realise this and understand. As I say, I think the comparison isn't quite appropriate but I guess I can't think of a better one off the top of my head.
Getting away with rape just isn't an advantage for one gender and a disadvantage for another, it's just generally disadvantage all around.
strong thread
I agree OP, man sloots gonna man sloot
Original post by 0to100
strong thread

Are you beibg cynical ?.
The answer is Bateman's principle:*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bateman%27s_principle
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Most men have to put in a lot of effort and work to get laid. People admire hard work and success.

Yea I personally disagree with this, since you put it this way

Because traditionally speaking this is what men are meant to do, approach. It's still generally a societal standard, so it's not really gonna be seen as hard work, but more so a social responsibility.

Whereas with women...it's not really her job to approach so it's gonna look desperate if she does.

Men also are seen as the sex more focused on sex and not women. So it's weird and still generally unaccepted if she is after it.

Just sayin, g.
Are you beibg cynical ?.

I'm not beibg anything lol
It's unfair.

Certainly historically, but definitely not true these days. For decades women have been liberated, and frankly 'loose' and rampantly promiscuous.

Gender stereotypes, and let's be honest, females willingness to have the man do all the work, make the initial approach, buy drinks, pay for meals, pay for dates, be masculine, thought right, be funny, chatty, high social status, display a degree of wealth and career standing / education.

Women just need to look reasonably attractive and stand there, no effort needed.

Almost no woman has any idea what it's like emotionally, for a man, to approach a hundred women, and get blown off, often real nastily and abusively, before finding someone to date. Women don't need to do that. That's why a guy who has game, and is successful with women, gets respect. Because it's hard.
WHITE CIS STRAIGHT MALE PATRIARCHY

let's all become apache helicopters instead. Buzz buzz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending