The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5260
thinking of intercalated degreeeeeee
Reply 5261
what r ur extracurriculars. some people are up there likeeeeeeeeeee
Reply 5262
has ukcat contacted you guys yet. i received email about the deciles till date and they said they will email us later about ucas uni choices
Original post by michaela__
Well done! Any advice for VR? Also what were you getting in medify mocks and official UKCAT for QR? Thank you 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL, forgot to mention that. I was getting 600 every time!
I've been doing the mock UKCAT tests on the official UKCAT website and I have been getting very low scores, particularaly in the QR subtest (Highest average across all subtests has been 550, highest QR score 450:frown:) Are these mocks more difficult than the actual test or should I just practice more?? :frown:
Original post by Gwenog_quidditch
I've been doing the mock UKCAT tests on the official UKCAT website and I have been getting very low scores, particularaly in the QR subtest (Highest average across all subtests has been 550, highest QR score 450:frown:) Are these mocks more difficult than the actual test or should I just practice more?? :frown:

mocks are very very hard in comparison to real test x
Original post by 11...
has ukcat contacted you guys yet. i received email about the deciles till date and they said they will email us later about ucas uni choices

You received the email already? Or are they just sending the deciles to the applicants who did well on the ukcat? 😂
Original post by Roman hang Limbu
I got Band 4 in my situational judgement. Do i still have hope? should i still consider applying?

If I were you, I would take the risk and apply!
Remember, you've got nothing to lose!
You can also take a gap year and apply next year if there is no positive outcome.
Good luck with the rest of your application! :smile:
Original post by Lostperson

Omg tysm I can't tell you how much of a relief that is!! :smile:
Damn should have used medify to revise for UKCAT. Everyone seems to use it and do well. I used free sources online and 1000 ukcat book to revise and did absolute horse sh•t.

What score did u get and the Band?
(I don't think anyone did as bad as me lol)

Agreed! Especially the QR section! While practicing, QR was always my worst section (550-600), but ended up being my best in the real test!
Original post by Gwenog_quidditch
Omg tysm I can't tell you how much of a relief that is!! :smile:

no problem :smile: x
is the AR sort of like the isc 1000 book or easier?????
Original post by 11...

Are the deciles different to the preliminary ones that came out last week?
Original post by Ikram99
What score did u get and the Band?
(I don't think anyone did as bad as me lol)

Well trust me when i say this mine is probably one of the worst one out there. BAND 4 ON SITUATIONAL JUDGEMENT. (and apparently only psychopaths get band 4). All other sections 580s except for QR which i struggled most on before but got 620 which is still garbage i know but it was my best section. The thing that pisses me of the most is that i used to get minimum band 2 every mock i did on Situational judgement and then i completely screw it up in an actual exam.
Original post by lostperson
is the ar sort of like the isc 1000 book or easier?????

trust me when i say this donot use the 1000 ukcat book if you're not going to time yourself while doing the questions.
trust me when i say this donot use the 1000 ukcat book if you're not going to time yourself while doing the questions.

what do you mean ? :s
Original post by .......Jeff458
It really isn't that easy. I guess it depends on the individual.

I am saying because she doesn't want to leave Scotland, she may aswell fill in her choices instead of leaving them blank and not using all 4! Better to be hopeful and use what you have.

Bmat is much easier to learn and prepare for, it's less of a niche test and you can learn it instead of relying on anything else.
It'd be better to get an offer elsewhere and then decide because who knows she might change her mind and might never get an offer in Scotland in the future anyway.
There's not much point applying to places with ukcat cut off scores which are generally much higher than her scores and especially this year, perhaps if she is devoted to medicine then it'd be best to not be sold on the idea of staying in Scotland.
Original post by 11...
If you have good grades, good ukcat score and good personal statement, then you should be fine and be receiving interview/s.

Thanks for that insightful comment lol who are you speaking to? You should quote people and then send the msg to them
what do you mean ? :s

Is there even an Isc 1000 question book? I thought it was 600?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending