The Student Room Group

How might my A2 grades get predicted?

Wanting to study economics for an AAA course
Subjects: politics, economics, maths and (AS) history.

Predicted AAAA at AS.
Got BCCD respectively 😭😭😭

I've dropped history, ecnomics doesnt count towards next year, maths I got B grades in the core modules but a D in S1, and politics I was 3 UMS off an A.

Any idea how my grades might be predicted?
Original post by sempyternal

Predicted AAAA at AS.

I've dropped history, ecnomics doesnt count towards next year, maths I got B grades in the core modules but a D in S1, and politics I was 3 UMS off an A.

Yeah, my Politics teacher(who is the academic tutor for our year and did our predictions for Politics) told our class that predictions are based on lots of things for e.g. how the teacher know how you are(essay wise like if your teacher knows you get an A even though you got a C), behaviour etc. Lots of people in my class for Politics are retaking(including me, yay!) so he takes that into account as well.

I think your grades will roughly be ABB or AAB. It depends on how your teacher thinks you are actually capable of getting. If you personally think your predicited grades are ****, work against them and prove your teachers as well as universities wrong.

Good luck for whatever comes your way! Wait, are you getting your predicted grades tomorrow. ****, I'm getting mine tomorrow. The ****ing struggles.
^^ I agree on the possible predictions but don't worry too much if you smash your A2's and realise you did significantly better than your predictions try upgrade through adjustment if you want. Econ is more difficult; I wanna do Econ and politics so my requirements are much lower as there's less of the maths element however I'm sure there's plenty of unis that accept AAB 😇

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine's were the same as your AS grade, or if you were really close it was one grade up
Reply 4

Predicted AAAA at AS.

What unis were you thinking of applying to?

Predicted AAAA at AS.

ABC.
My sixth form always predicts a grade up. Maybe two if you got close to the threshold for the next grade. I got 79% in my economics exam and was predicted an A*.
Reply 7
Original post by citibankrec
ABC.

C in economics? I can't be dealing with a C prediction in the subject I'm wanting to study at uni
Reply 8
Original post by Rajive
What unis were you thinking of applying to?

Before results, durham.

Durham (my heart was set on this before results), also Nottingham, Leeds, Birmingham

Durham wants A*AA, other 3 want AAA
Before results, durham.

Durham (my heart was set on this before results), also Nottingham, Leeds, Birmingham

Durham wants A*AA, other 3 want AAA

Nottingham rejects 50% of people who are predicted AAA and they are unlikely to take you seriously, and considering that you got a D in S1 i.e the most useful module for econ you might as well not bother.

Why would you want to do the subject you got a C in at Uni? Do you not understand the basics? How many marks did you get?

These are questions you need to answer.
Nottingham rejects 50% of people who are predicted AAA and they are unlikely to take you seriously, and considering that you got a D in S1 i.e the most useful module for econ you might as well not bother.

Why would you want to do the subject you got a C in at Uni? Do you not understand the basics? How many marks did you get?

These are questions you need to answer.

I underperformed in general in all my AS levels, and I was told teachers can still predict you higher if they think you are capable, and that universities only look at the predicted grade, not the AS grade. How do you know Nottingham rejects 50% of people predicted AAA?
I underperformed in general in all my AS levels, and I was told teachers can still predict you higher if they think you are capable, and that universities only look at the predicted grade, not the AS grade. How do you know Nottingham rejects 50% of people predicted AAA?

Pure tripe. So that means AS doesn't matter..... So I could be predicted A*A*A*A* and they'd give me an offer because the 'only look at the predicted grades'. LOOOOL

Admission tutor.
Pure tripe. So that means AS doesn't matter..... So I could be predicted A*A*A*A* and they'd give me an offer because the 'only look at the predicted grades'. LOOOOL

Admission tutor.

Alright bro no need to be an ass about things, clearly if a teacher consistently predicts ridiculously high grades that the students don't meet then that will be looked into, but it's in the school's/teacher's interest to predict higher providing the GENUINELY think the student is capable of getting it. Its well known that many students do much better in A2 than AS, that is why offers are made on predicted grades. AS is a huge indicator on what the predicted grades can be, but with good GCSEs (although they don't really matter), and doing well in assessments set by my teachers before the final predictions, why wouldnt I be able to get much higher offers than BCC if it's clear I'm capable?
Alright bro no need to be an ass about things, clearly if a teacher consistently predicts ridiculously high grades that the students don't meet then that will be looked into, but it's in the school's/teacher's interest to predict higher providing the GENUINELY think the student is capable of getting it. Its well known that many students do much better in A2 than AS, that is why offers are made on predicted grades. AS is a huge indicator on what the predicted grades can be, but with good GCSEs (although they don't really matter), and doing well in assessments set by my teachers before the final predictions, why wouldnt I be able to get much higher offers than BCC if it's clear I'm capable?

Because you haven't proved it.

Do you have any good and relevant work exp
Because you haven't proved it.

Do you have any good and relevant work exp

Worked in construction for a building company (not really relevant), and work experience in an accountants office (where I was offered an apprenticeship after year 11).

This is about predicted grades though. Also, would it be worth applying for an AAB course with predictions of ABB? (example)
Worked in construction for a building company (not really relevant), and work experience in an accountants office (where I was offered an apprenticeship after year 11).

This is about predicted grades though. Also, would it be worth applying for an AAB course with predictions of ABB? (example)

no- As everyone else ( bar a few ) would be predicted AAB+

Its worth a try if you really like the course though.
no- As everyone else ( bar a few ) would be predicted AAB+

Its worth a try if you really like the course though.

AAB

Quick Reply

Latest