The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lkjh098
Hey - has anyone managed to apply to BNP Paribas? I can only find a long-term ECM internship for Corp Finance online. E-mailed them and they said more graduate opps might appear in the future and I should keep checking, but was wondering if maybe I've just missed the boat on it?

No, they normally recruit later than other banks, not earlier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lkjh098
Hey - has anyone managed to apply to BNP Paribas? I can only find a long-term ECM internship for Corp Finance online. E-mailed them and they said more graduate opps might appear in the future and I should keep checking, but was wondering if maybe I've just missed the boat on it?

I've seen Stategy & Risk Grad 2017 if that's what you might be interested in?

https://bnpparibas.tal.net/vx/mobile-0/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/665-London-Graduate-Programme-2017-Strategy-Risk/en-GB
Correct. However there won't be openings for corporate finance, mostly just roles in markets.
Reply 443
Original post by frontrowtribe
Correct. However there won't be openings for corporate finance, mostly just roles in markets.

Ah ok so you reckon better to apply for ECM rather than wait for M&A?
Any updates from gs securities ? Application received, under review, ....anything ?
Hey guys,

I cannot find BoAML graduate program in IB, anyone has a link? Would be much appreciated !!
Original post by lkjh098
Ah ok so you reckon better to apply for ECM rather than wait for M&A?

Yes, don't waste your time waiting for M&A. I'm not too sure they would be recruiting for ECM... I think it should be equity sales/trading/structuring
Isn't Deutsche Bank's online test automatic???
Original post by Brownlatte08
Has anyone heard back from Morgan Stanley (I am applying for Corporate Treasury), Deutsche Bank, Barclays, and GS?

MS only have treasury as a placement year for second year students
Hi everyone. Has anyone heard back from JPM re full-time IB analyst application?
Original post by Fencer22
Hey guys,

I cannot find BoAML graduate program in IB, anyone has a link? Would be much appreciated !!

BAML are not recruiting graduates this year for IBD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adam_smith101
Hi everyone. Has anyone heard back from JPM re full-time IB analyst application?

Nope :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thebadboy761
Isn't Deutsche Bank's online test automatic???

No - it goes through screening first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper

Any idea as to when applicants should expect to hear from JPM?
No - it goes through screening first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright cool. Thanks got the invite.
Original post by adam_smith101
Any idea as to when applicants should expect to hear from JPM?

They sent an email out to us the other day basically saying don't panic, they've got loads of applications to review and we'll hear shortly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wisefire
What is the new number of UCAS points banks and other such employers might require at minimum from and use to filter candidates? I know it was 320 UCAS points under the old UCAS points system.

Does anyone have an understanding of what the new figure could be? I know AAA is the equivalent of 144 points now, AAB is the equivalent of 136 points and ABB is the equivalent of 128. So would banks now look at candidates who have over 136 UCAS points?

I ask this and I am concerned by gaining a good number of UCAS points because I am doing an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Business. I'm 19 years old. I was doing A2s last year however I have a complex past and had gone through distress which meant I could not sit my A2 exams in May 2015. I haven['t got much of an option to do new A-levels at this stage.

I am fairly worried over whether doing an Access to HE Diploma may not be looked on as favourably as A-levels would be by investment banks. The maximum number of UCAS points I could gain through my Access course is 144, if I gain 45/45 Distinctions which is what I shall aim for. Am I disadvantaged much by doing an Access course in order to get to a wishfully good university for a Business and/or Management degree?

UCAS points requirement will remain the AAB/AAA equivalent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCAS points requirement will remain the AAB/AAA equivalent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually, most are AAB-BBB.. With of course Goldman (and I believe Barclays) not having any at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Actually, most are AAB-BBB.. With of course Goldman (and I believe Barclays) not having any at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, but if we're being realistic 90%+ candidates have AAA or above in front office. And most have more than three A Levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, but if we're being realistic 90%+ candidates have AAA or above in front office. And most have more than three A Levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed, but I also know people with ABB and AAC that have gotten through..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest