The Student Room Group

Worried for my GCSEs

im in yr 10 and i play way too much games and now im worried for my GCSEs and my parents want me to do well and now i don't know what to do
do i still have time to start revising?
Reply 1
i want to get good grades and i don't know what to do now because of me playing soo much games
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
please give some advices on how to start revising and how should i revise and how to stop myself playing way too much games
well yes you do have time actually, a lot of time, a year and a half quite frankly. you know you play too many games, so what's the struggle in putting them away? rather than doing that for entertainment, at least do something practical like going out and seeing friends instead. when you're together, you could even do homework, which sounds boring i know, but its better than doing it alone. also, think about your future, don't feel like you have to change for your parents, but feel like you have to change for you. it is your life after all
Very simple solution: stop playing games and dedicate that time to studying.
Original post by MoAlam
im in yr 10 and i play way too much games and now im worried for my GCSEs and my parents want me to do well and now i don't know what to do
ofc u have time, you need to get your priorities right, no one's telling you to not play at all, but do focus on your studies, the earlier you start, the better it'd be for you. :smile:
Reply 6
the thing is that in my family history everyone is really clever and they are like doctors, councillors, bank managers etc. and now i have to study well but because of the games in my mind i won't be able to concentrate on my learning so tell me a solution for this
Original post by MoAlam

Make a timetable for your evenings and the weekend. Revise for a certain amount of time and then once you have achieved what you set yourself play a game for a little while. Then go back and do some more work. If you truly want to do well, use your own inherent motivation to put the console down at the right time and achieve what you want by the end of year 11:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Start revising in year 11, buy the revision textbooks, read and make notes on them, revise from notes, write more notes, and then past papers nearer the time,

And you're sorted.

I did this and turned out fine
Reply 9
Try putting parental settings on your computer to stop you plying the game or give yourself a limit on how long you can play for. It worked for me.
Seriously if you're willing to work hard in Year 11, year 10 can be an easy year for you. My gamerscore increased from 30000 to 50000 during year 10 (way too much xbox) and I got 12 A*s so you don't have to worry yet. Enjoy your last easy year of your education.
Original post by MoAlam

Of course you still have time the terms only just started, I think most people (me) realised the importance of year 10 after year 10. September to November I was probably most focused then reality hit and I couldn't handle what was being thrown at me so I gave up, then in the summer after year 10 I realised my dream job so it was a bit awkward given my behaviour in year 10 ... Wat I'm trying to say is, don't give up , start now or you'll hate yourself, or maybe that's just me?
Reply 12
Original post by MoAlam

Take it from somebody who did play a little too much games during Year 10 and 11, burn the damn console or pc if you can't discipline yourself. I'm being quite serious here... If you can't learn how to play games less then you should quite literally burn the damn thing...
Last year when I was in y10, I gamed so much too. However at school, we were getting through the content fine, I paid attention, I still had time to revise for class mocks and ended with A-C grades for y10.
Mind a few y10 lessons we just messed around as we all thought it'd be easy

Tips that worked for me:
Make a timetable so you have your own revision / homework time, but also chilling time for whatever you want.
Do 20 mins of revision for each subject a week, from previous topics, and keep this up to retain info and not having to cram it in at latter points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you love playing games, try to involve your gaming in your revision. Maybe create a game for each subject so it'll encourage you to revise a bit more. Or get your mum to set a ban on your internet or game console at a certain time so you have no choice but to revise
Come onto the year 10 thread for some motivation and productive procrastination http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4275172
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
Come onto the year 10 thread for some motivation and productive procrastination http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4275172
:rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest