The Student Room Group

Britain MUST take in more refugees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
'According to the polls, university graduates were the most likely people to want to remain in the EU - while those with a GCSE or equivalent as their highest qualification were more likely to back Brexit.'
(http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/)

Congrats, you stand united with uneducated xenophobes, racists, and nationalists. Fact.

For someone with a Masters you're playing fast and lose with the language here

you've from 'all' to 'some polls'

'Fact':biggrin:
Original post by mavrick388
Let me ask you this: if you had the choice, would you immigrate to a country like Romania or one like England?

If I was desperate any safe country Romania is a perfectly safe country.
Original post by BaconandSauce

By "fact" he means "something I plucked out of my arse to make me feel better and give me an air of unearned smugness".
Original post by BaconandSauce
For someone with a Masters you're playing fast and lose with the language here

you've from 'all' to 'some polls'

*loose
*you've gone

That much for language skills.

I never said all, nor did the person I responded to. The article said 'the polls', by the way. For someone 'working towards a PhD', you seem awfully unintelligent.
Original post by the_porkburglar
Is there a censorship issue on TSR? It seems like talking about this gets your thread deleted.

Islamic immigration represents the influx of a highly criminal demographic. It's unfortunate, but the truth must count for something.

sweden.jpg

As a matter of interest what website dod this come from? I doubt people are so stipid on this site just to agree with anything that looks like a graph without having a discriminating eye and checking the source and what it actually means?

Its not actually the truth or at least it looks to be highly misleading and only gullible people would fall for it.
When we say refugees, we don't just mean military age men. We are also talking about helpless women and children. Not all are men, you know. So, saying no, kind of seems insensitive to those women and children. Think before answering questions such as this one.
Original post by Saba XD
When we say refugees, we don't just mean military age men. We are also talking about helpless women and children. Not all are men, you know. So, saying no, kind of seems insensitive to those women and children. Think before answering questions such as this one.

Life is hard boo hoo there are plenty of other countries in this world they can go to. Romania Bulgaria Poland just to name a few.
Original post by Drewski
They're not fleeing war, they're fleeing France.

The test is whether someone is fleeing persecution in their homeland and is unable to return. Whether they are in France or not makes litle difference to this. If they dont meet the test then they fail to be classed as refugees.
Original post by the IT MAN
Life is hard boo hoo there are plenty of other countries in this world they can go to. Romania Bulgaria Poland just to name a few.

Grow up and think about this in a mature manner rather than come out with stuff like 'life is hard boo hoo'. Well, durhhh.
Original post by 999tigger
The test is whether someone is fleeing persecution in their homeland and is unable to return. Whether they are in France or not makes litle difference to this. If they dont meet the test then they fail to be classed as refugees.

Exactly.
Have you seen the state of Germany and Sweden thanks to their left-wing policies... It looks more like Pakistan

edit: also, most of em aren't even refugees... they have iPhones and they're "men" who leave their families behind in the middle east for an easy life
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by mavrick388
Libya, Syria, Iraq, Palestine.........

The UK has invaded Palestine? :eek4:
Original post by Saba XD

Sounds pretty sexist tbh
I thought women wanted to be treated equally?
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Have you seen the state of Germany and Sweden thanks to their left-wing policies... It looks more like Pakistan

edit: also, most of em aren't even refugees... they have iPhones and they're "men" who leave their families behind in the middle east for an easy life

How many people are in Germany.
How many people are asylum seekers?
The type of phone they hdoes not determine whether they are a refugee or not.

How did you conduct your survey to check whether the people were refugees or natives? Was it conducted by what you saw off TV or did you go for a walk round one afternoon?
Germany took more and look what happened to them... To keep Britain safe, we shouldn't ^^
Original post by 999tigger
How many people are in Germany.
How many people are asylum seekers?

It's not about how many people there are now, but how quickly the immigrant population has grown... The Muslim immigrants average 6-8 children per couple whereas Swedish couples average about 2... If it continues like this then Sweden will be completely overwhelmed by the next 2 generations. It used to be such a nice country but now all that is gonna be ruined.
Original post by Zargabaath
Sounds pretty sexist tbh
I thought women wanted to be treated equally?

Straw man.
Original post by Saba XD

Single men over the age of 13 should not be admitted under any circumstances, you know British ''men'' lack any reasonable animal drive when they fail to see how allowing men from a different tribe into their lands is just begging for trouble.
Original post by bassbabe
Lol no we shouldn't
If that's you in your profile picture someone has bloomed
Original post by Saba XD
Straw man.

Lol
Explain what a strawman fallacy is then explain what my strawman arguement is
(6 marks)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending