The Student Room Group

Jewish Labour MP, under police protection from Corbyn supporters, speaks out

Excellent interview with Ruth Smeeth MP. The way she has been treated is absolutely disgusting. We didn't have this stuff in the Labour Party before the Corbyn ascendancy, and even now they refuse to admit there is a problem.

Smeeth, 37, is the MP who walked out of the launch of the Chakrabarti report, an inquiry into anti-Semitism in the Labour Party, after being harassed by a member of Momentum, the activist group behind Jeremy Corbyn.

Since then she has been called a “yid c***” (among other racial slurs), a “CIA/ MI5/Mossad informant”, a “dyke”, and a “f***ing traitor”. In all she’s experienced more than 25,000 incidents of abuse, much of it racial. As a result two people are being investigated by counter-terrorism police one of whom penned a 1,000-word essay on how he would kill her.

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/ruth-smeeth-ive-never-seen-antisemitism-in-labour-like-this-its-normal-now-a3349201.html

@JamesN88 @Good bloke @KimKallstrom
(edited 7 years ago)
A kinder, gentler politics*
Reply 2
Original post by KimKallstrom
A kinder, gentler politics*

Maybe Corbyn's Labour Party is the 'nasty party'....?

Feel sorry for Ruth Smeeth.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AlexanderHam
Excellent interview with Ruth Smeeth MP. The way she has been treated is absolutely disgusting. We didn't have this stuff in the Labour Party before the Corbyn ascendancy, and even now they refuse to admit there is a problem.http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/ruth-smeeth-ive-never-seen-antisemitism-in-labour-like-this-its-normal-now-a3349201.html@JamesN88 @Good bloke @KimKallstrom
corbyn is hitler... shame on him... don't you have anything better to do than bash on Jeremy Corbyn all day?
Original post by BasharAssad
corbyn is hitler... shame on him... don't you have anything better to do than bash on Jeremy Corbyn all day?

Don't you have anything better to do than offer up inane, childish and witless protests every time I make a thread on Corbyn?

This is a politics subforum. Corbyn is the leader of the Labour Party. If you find threads about him distressing to your sensitive disposition, feel free to refrain from participating.
These are the stories we need to hear about, Ruth makes great points and I agree with her. Corbyn needs to do more to distance himself from Momentum and to condemn individuals who push antisemitism. This is the first proper article where it comes across as genuine, rather than just a smear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlexanderHam
Don't you have anything better to do than offer up inane, childish and witless protests every time I make a thread on Corbyn?

This is a politics subforum. Corbyn is the leader of the Labour Party. If you find threads about him distressing to your sensitive disposition, feel free to refrain from participating.

It's a little obsessive chap, it's not healthy. :wink:
Original post by That Bearded Man
These are the stories we need to hear about, Ruth makes great points and I agree with her. Corbyn needs to do more to distance himself from Momentum and to condemn individuals who push antisemitism. This is the first proper article where it comes across as genuine, rather than just a smear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I repped you on the basis of your first point but then read the last sentence and regretted it. This is one of many things related to this. His handling of the Oxford Labour club anti-semitism case was just as bad and was not a "smear".
Original post by KimKallstrom
I repped you on the basis of your first point but then read the last sentence and regretted it. This is one of many things related to this. His handling of the Oxford Labour club anti-semitism case was just as bad and was not a "smear".

Most of the stories I've seen related to Corbyns Labour anti-semitism are written by people with clear bias against Corbyn anyway, Ruth comes across as pragmatic in that she would have happily worked with Corbyn, hence why I give this story credence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending