The Student Room Group

Braces once more

Hi guys,

I didn't wear my retainer so I have small gaps that have been created between my front 4 teeth. I want to have braces a 2nd time.

I want to get them done ASAP, so am thinking private dentistry.

Braces seem to range between £1900 - £4,000 in treatment. But if I only want to close some gaps which should take probably only about 4 months, 6 months maximum then does anyone know how much, or what percentage of the usual price I would expect to pay. E.g. If a see-through brace costs say £4,000 do you think that I would only be expected to pay a fraction of that, i.e. £1000 given that I hopefully shouldn't be wearing the braces for too long?

Has anyone gone through a similar experience?

Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

I didn't wear my retainer so I have small gaps that have been created between my front 4 teeth. I want to have braces a 2nd time.

I want to get them done ASAP, so am thinking private dentistry.

Braces seem to range between £1900 - £4,000 in treatment. But if I only want to close some gaps which should take probably only about 4 months, 6 months maximum then does anyone know how much, or what percentage of the usual price I would expect to pay. E.g. If a see-through brace costs say £4,000 do you think that I would only be expected to pay a fraction of that, i.e. £1000 given that I hopefully shouldn't be wearing the braces for too long?

Has anyone gone through a similar experience?

I wore braces twice , however i got my braces first time when i was 15 and took them off when i was 17! They told me to wear retainers and never did which made my teeth go much worse , so yeah just before i turned they put braces on me again and ive had them for a few months now! They are going straight again and i'll have taken them off in a few months time:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Ayaz789
I wore braces twice , however i got my braces first time when i was 15 and took them off when i was 17! They told me to wear retainers and never did which made my teeth go much worse , so yeah just before i turned they put braces on me again and ive had them for a few months now! They are going straight again and i'll have taken them off in a few months time:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much did it cost you the 2nd time, and was it done privately or on the NHS?
Original post by Anonymous
How much did it cost you the 2nd time, and was it done privately or on the NHS?

I got them a few days before i turned 18 so it was free tbh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest