The Student Room Group

Britain MUST take in more refugees

Scroll to see replies

I think we should continue to take refugees in. If they fled a war, we can't just tell them to go home because then we are just as bad as their home country. Accept them. A Greek Island can recieve over 40,000 refugees a week. Most of these head for the UK. We could spoil the reputation we have held for years as a peaceful, caring nation.
Original post by Mvine001
We could spoil the reputation we have held for years as a peaceful, caring nation.

You really think that's the British reputation?
What a truly great country. Messes up whole regions by being an American dog and then refuses to even partially deal with the massive human suffering they created in the first place.
What has happened in Germany, France and Sweden is a prime example of why we should not take refugees en masse. A lot of the refugees are males in their 20s. There are very few families. Because of the type of life they have lived they find it difficult to fit into our culture.

How do you decide whether they are genuine refugees or just economic migrants. How do you know they are from the country they say they are from. How do you know they are not terrorists.

The truth is that most people in the UK do not want these refugees/migrants. The only people you see campaigning for them are celebrities and upper class twits. They have polled in areas where there are high percentages of established Muslim populations and the Muslims who are already established in this country don't want them. They are effectively a different breed. It would be like putting wolves in with lambs.
Reply 104
Original post by Iridocyclitis

We MUST help and take in more refugees.

There is no must about it. Do you understand the meaning of must?
How do we distribute them equally if they all come to the UK?
Nope
Original post by Trinculo
Libya? Where's the invasion?
Syria - we stayed well out of it and look what happened.
Iraq - really? You're saying it was a peaceful country beforehand? Not saying things got better, but it's not like it was in good shape.
Palestine - ?? I don't even. who was the last country to carry out an invasion there?

Libya is now in a worse state
Iraq is now in a worse state
Palestine is no longer a state...
Original post by the IT MAN
If I was desperate any safe country Romania is a perfectly safe country.

That's complete nonsense and you know it. So you're telling me if you were homeless and you were offered a run down council estate and a mansion, you would go for the council estate. BULL.
Original post by mavrick388
That's complete nonsense and you know it. So you're telling me if you were homeless and you were offered a run down council estate and a mansion, you would go for the council estate. BULL.

Can you please explain to why the migrants have chosen to take a much longer route to Europe instead of going to other countries in the Middle East who share the same culture and religion as them? Personally, I haven't heard Saudi, Qatar or Dubai open the floodgates up.
Original post by Josb
The UK has invaded Palestine? :eek4:

no but they gave away territory that wasn't theirs. Palestine was forced to take in hundreds of thousands of refugees to only have their country taken over all together...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Can you please explain to why the migrants have chosen to take a much longer route to Europe instead of going to other countries in the Middle East who share the same culture and religion as them? Personally, I haven't heard Saudi, Qatar or Dubai open the floodgates up.

Those other muslim countries, haven't taken a single refugee. They said it would be too big a risk to let them in! Arab emirates and Saudi arabia for example.
Original post by 21092016
Don't blame us, if we go nuts and kill them all.

I'm surprised no one has questioned you on this post. :rolleyes:
Original post by Saba XD
I'm surprised no one has questioned you on this post. :rolleyes:

why bother:biggrin: idiots will be idiots and a report is more effective
Original post by john2054
Those other muslim countries, haven't taken a single refugee. They said it would be too big a risk to let them in! Arab emirates and Saudi arabia for example.

I'm a muslim and yes I am ashamed of those muslim countries. :redface:
Original post by BaconandSauce
why bother:biggrin: idiots will be idiots and a report is more effective

Yeah, true say. :h:
Britain does not have to do anything. The stance the Government is taking is the right one - if you simply allow refugees to come in without limits, you encourage them to make the dangerous journeys and crossings even more, putting them in further danger. Instead, we should be discouraging them even making the journeys in the first place and work with our allies to ensure that should refugees have to leave their home country, they register relatively close to the country from which they have come. This will make their return after war, famine etc. has ended easier.
Of course this thread would turn into an absolute s***show.
Original post by Inzamam99
What a truly great country. Messes up whole regions by being an American dog and then refuses to even partially deal with the massive human suffering they created in the first place.

See this attitude right here is exactly why the entire region has always been a crap hole for the last 600 years and always will be. It's why it'll always wallow in sectarian violence and backwards retardation (no matter how much money in pumped in). its why (except for Israel) the region has contributed/invented/developed nothing of any use in hundreds of years.*

It seems there has never been a problem in the history of the world that wasn't entirely the fault of America/Britain/The West/Jews sorry I mean "Zionists" lol/anybody who isn't in the Ummah (only if you're the right kind though), even though the problems stem back before USA, United Kingdom and (especially Israel) even existed.*

They'll always kill each other and kill everyone else and blame it on everyone except themselves. Those that pander to them will forever excuse terrorism, genocide, slavery (which we banned yet goes on to this day in Qatar, Saudi and UAE), oppression of themselves by themselves, lack of any development at all without Western money and input.*

Completely incapable of introspection or of giving blame for anything ever to anybody other than those I listed above. It's this loser paradigm and it's being enabled by people with the bigotry of low expectations. Be honest for once; the region (since the Islamic golden age back when dinosaurs roamed the earth)has never needed Western assistance being held back. It does it all by itself.*
Original post by mavrick388
Libya is now in a worse state
Iraq is now in a worse state
Palestine is no longer a state...

Palestine never was a state. Strong knowledge lol*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending