The Student Room Group

New students: how will you decorate your room?

Curious to know how everyone else will decorate their room.

I'm personallu not going to bother, because its too much effort :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

I won't be decorating my room too much, just taking a few bits and pieces from home which will make it a bit nicer and more personal, e.g. my cushion with a print of my cat on it, a few of my fossils & crystals, stuff like that :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
I won't be decorating my room too much, just taking a few bits and pieces from home which will make it a bit nicer and more personal, e.g. my cushion with a print of my cat on it, a few of my fossils & crystals, stuff like that :smile:

What kind of fossils and crystals you have? This is a nice idea in fact
Reply 3
With binders full of women
Reply 4
Probably with a few bottles of wine and some snazzy posters
Posters.
Effort tbh. I'm not a sentimental type of person so all those momentos and pictures from childhood etc don't particularly mean much/won't add much to my living in halls.

Might get a poster and some lights tho.. Maybe a lava lamp for the bants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm probably not going to do much or any decorating. Maybe a poster or two, but even then I'll have to find non damaging adhesive (not blutac) and I don't know if I can be bothered. I might put up my 'encouragement page' on the noticeboard, which is basically some pics of my character crushes and favourite singers haha. Otherwise I just have cool bed covers; one with the London Tube, and the other with space/astronaut cats. I don't have any pictures or anything I want to bring. I have a phone and laptop for that!
Original post by kkboyk
What kind of fossils and crystals you have? This is a nice idea in fact

I've got quite a few different fossils, most of which I've found (e.g. ammonites, belemnites, and bits of crinoids), but I also have a few which I've bought (e.g. a mosasaurus tooth, a brachiopod, a pyritic (golden) ammonite, a polished orthoceras and a mammoth tusk fragment which I was given as a present). The crystals I've got are all shop bought, and I like all of them but I think I will take my large citrine cluster, small amethyst cluster and a few of my favourite tumblestones, like my tiger iron and labradorite. I've got quite a big collection so I'm trying to pick just a few specimens :h:
Reply 9
Original post by Princepieman
Effort tbh. I'm not a sentimental type of person so all those momentos and pictures from childhood etc don't particularly mean much/won't add much to my living in halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the same way.

I've bought a cactus to spice things up a bit, though I'll probably end up stepping on it but at least it'll make life a bit more interesting.

Original post by Leviathan1741
I've got quite a few different fossils, most of which I've found (e.g. ammonites, belemnites, and bits of crinoids), but I also have a few which I've bought (e.g. a mosasaurus tooth, a brachiopod, a pyritic (golden) ammonite, a polished orthoceras and a mammoth tusk fragment which I was given as a present). The crystals I've got are all shop bought, and I like all of them but I think I will take my large citrine cluster, small amethyst cluster and a few of my favourite tumblestones, like my tiger iron and labradorite. I've got quite a big collection so I'm trying to pick just a few specimens :h:

I have to steal this idea :colone:
A lot of places won't allow: candles, fairy lights, plug adaptors, change of curtains, incense sticks, 'offensive' images in shared spaces. Still leaves plenty of scope.
Reply 11
Last year I was the only one in my flat to leave with a completely blank wall. Don't see the point when I spent so little time in there anyway....
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is a lava lamp "bants"??
Original post by akbar0123
How is a lava lamp "bants"??

For the bants, for the shits and giggles, for the hell of it are all figures of speech indicating that I'm doing it 'just because'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by fefssdf
Probably with a few bottles of wine and some snazzy posters

Are you going to make artwork with those? Like this one:

Original post by TrojanH
With binders full of women

I completely misread that as you stapling women to your wall :laugh:
Original post by kkboyk
Are you going to make artwork with those? Like this one:

I completely misread that as you stapling women to your wall :laugh:

those wine bottles looks really cool ; might have to considering doing that haha
Reply 16
Original post by fefssdf
those wine bottles looks really cool ; might have to considering doing that haha

It takes less than an hour too :tongue:
My room comes with boat oars hanging on the walls, so I think I'll stick with that.
Original post by DJMayes
My room comes with boat oars hanging on the walls, so I think I'll stick with that.

Oh wow that's nice !
In my first year I didn't really decorate much cause my room was so small.

Currently though, I have a nice rug and a nice tapestry. I'm looking into getting an indoor plant, maybe a bonsai tree or something small and cute.

Quick Reply

Latest